Help with weight loss!

Options
2»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    phrobbert wrote: »
    Knowing your caloric intake isn't much use unless you're also monitoring your total daily energy expenditure using a device like a Fitbit or Garmin watch. If you're mostly sedentary during your day you'd be surprised how little energy you're burning, and consequently your daily caloric intake should be lowered to remain in deficit.

MFP asks for your non-exercise activity level when you start. And many people find that activity trackers overestimate calories burned.
  • fsibi30
    fsibi30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have it set to loose weight, I have a hectic schedule and don't really have time to work out. I work in an office so mostly sitting down most of my shift 8 to 10 hrs sometimes. There are so many diets out there and I just want to have a guide to what to and not eat. I kind of have the basics down. I mostly eat lots of eggs, at times for breakfast and dinner, I'll add spinach or kale and some cheese. I'll do coffee in the morning with 4 tbspoons of heavy cream and no sugar. Dinner will sometimes be some meat and veggies. I'll snack on Chinese raw peanuts. Do I need to follow a specific diet maybe? I appreciate all the comments and feedback.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    fsibi30 wrote: »
    I have it set to loose weight, I have a hectic schedule and don't really have time to work out. I work in an office so mostly sitting down most of my shift 8 to 10 hrs sometimes. There are so many diets out there and I just want to have a guide to what to and not eat. I kind of have the basics down. I mostly eat lots of eggs, at times for breakfast and dinner, I'll add spinach or kale and some cheese. I'll do coffee in the morning with 4 tbspoons of heavy cream and no sugar. Dinner will sometimes be some meat and veggies. I'll snack on Chinese raw peanuts. Do I need to follow a specific diet maybe? I appreciate all the comments and feedback.

No specific diet needed. What you are eating is fine... eat less of it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    No, you do not need to follow any specific diet beyond the 'get a food scale and weigh everything you put into your mouth diet'. You need to know the weights of your foods for accuracy or you could be eating as much as 800 calories over your goal without realising it, especially eating peanuts.
  • fsibi30
    fsibi30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.