Do you workout everyday?

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I workout 2days then rest 1... just got back from vacation, so gotta get back into it.

ETA: LIFTING. I really don't do cardio, but throw in some plyo exercises at the end of my workouts. Duration approx. 60-90min; mod heavy to heavy.
  • Megh757
    Megh757 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i workout 6 days a week but i enjoy it. if you want or need a rest day take it and dont feel bad at all.
    i run 3-5 days a week
    taebo or circuit training 3-6 days usually 6
    and some sort of laborous yard work 6 days a week

rememeber its up to your body to tell you what you can handle.....some people have to rest several days a week some dont...you also might be able to handle everyday for a while and have to go to a few rest days later on...just listen to your body
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I don't go to a gym everyday. I walk my dog, bike commute to and from work, and just keep active. I do formal exercise/training 5-6 days a week and have at least one "lazy day" a week to just rest my body. Even on that lazy day, I still have to go to work and walk my dog, so I'm still doing some activity.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    5 days a week ... 30 Day Shred in the morning before work.
    3 nights a week ... 1 hr at the gym; weights and cardio
    1 or 2 days a week ... go for a 2-3 mile walk or hike.

Don't eat ALL my exercise calories back.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1204 calories so far, really not hungry and if I workout then I'll have to eat even more.

this is so not how life works
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    With my current work schedule, try to work out at least 3-4 times a week.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Seeing what overreaching is all about. Trying to get a couple two a days in there as well. I get anxious when I don't go to the gym.
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I workout 3 days a week on a cut, 4 days for bulking.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I workout 7 days a week but they say its good to have a rest day I may have a day where I don't do much of workout but to me that would be a rest day
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1204 calories so far, really not hungry and if I workout then I'll have to eat even more.

this is so not how life works

But it is. If you have a NET here of 1200, then you workout to the tune of 600 then you have 1800 you can eat to reach that NET of 1200. It is how life works. 1200-600 (exercise) = 600 NET
  • JanAlyssa825
    JanAlyssa825 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I work out 6-7 days a week, and if I'm not at the gym, I try to get some sort of physical activity in, like a hike or a long walk. I do it because I like the rush I get after a workout, but I also feel pretty guilty if I don't... and if I don't, I only have 1290 calories to eat, and that is just not enough for me. I have a really hard time staying at 1290 calories without being really, really hungry, so I work out to eat more. I love food too much!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Mon-Fri - for generally an hour and a half, and Saturday about a half hour - 45 minutes.

Sunday is my sit on my *kitten* and do absolutely nothing day.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    varies greatly from week to week
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 5 times a week with one day of nothing but cardio. 1 rest day 1900-2000 calories per day
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make you feel better...I work out 3-4 days a week for 30-40 minutes. Don't feel bad about taking a day or two off!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily "work out" every day, but I have to do something active. I'm at the gym M, W, F & I usually run M, T, R, F & Sat. On Sundays I like to go for a hike, or to the climbing wall, or take the dog for a long walk, or do cartwheels in the front yard .....if I don't do something to move I start bouncing off the walls.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    nope sometimes 3 days/week sometimes 6 - 7. listen to ur body k?
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I lift everyday. But I have coaches customizing programs for me as I head into my off-season.
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My MFP goal is 1 hr of exercise 5 days a week. I try for more and tend to workout 6 days a week with 2-3 of those days being more than an hour, sometimes up to 2 hours. All cardio except for the occasional "walk at a fast pace through my house for an hour because I can't walk outside" day and basic dumbell weight lifting. That being said, I listen to my body and when I've pushed my back too far, I take a day off, two if needed. It's better than having my sciatica flair up and being on the couch in screaming pain unable to move for a week.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Usually 4-5 strength training during weekdays i never go gym on weekends as im fairly active.

Usually an hour tops each time i go to gym.

^^ This

I use to do 4-5 hours of cardio a week...then I got busy with work, and now I do strength training 4-5 times a week and about an hour of cardio a week....and I'm losing inches off my waist and hips :)

LIFT WEIGHTS! Don't just do cardio!!!