Do you workout everyday?

Options

Replies

• MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i aim for 7 but realistically (life gets in the way) it's 5-7 days a week at the gym (either 1 hour elliptical or 30 mins elliptical and 30-40 mins weights and 10 mins yoga). sometimes i'll add a swim (usually on the weekend). on my "day off" - clean the house for a few hours

In between i walk a lot - not exercise walking but since i don't own a car i tend to walk alot.
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My week usually looks like this:
    7x 40 minutes Stationary bike , 3x 40 mìnutes swimming, 3x weight training.
    If one day you don't feel like training, than don't... the important thing is that 'one day' doesn't become everyday, but once in a while, you can skip a training day
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Depends on the time of year & what my goals are at the time.
  • jvincent1976
    Options
    I used to work out 6-7 days a week (weights 3x, zumba 2x, running 2-3x, bellydance 2-3x) , but then had some health issues which the doc attributed to overtraining. Now after a clear EKG, echo, treadmill test, and loads of other tests, I just got the all clear to go back to working out but was told by my cardiologist to aim for only 65% of my maximum heart rate. I was also told to make sure I get 2 rest days a week.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as over training.

merely lack of resting.

There is no reason to work 7 days a week- and you can even rotate heavy/light days but there is still no need. Even professional athletes need rest.

if you over work with no rest- you are going to be injured- maybe not now... may be not tomorrow but it will happen.

I train 6-7 days a week HARD- and have for the past year- it finally caught up with me- I'm not injury prone at all- never had problems with my body- but guess what- over the last 3 months- it's been one thing right after the other. elbow/wrist/shoulder/knees. It happens.

It WILL catch up with you if you train hard with no rest..
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Lifting different muscle groups over a 6 day period. Always finish of with about 15 minutes of HIIT cardio.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights 3x per week. 30 minute walk 2-3x per week.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    yes. i feel very blergh if i skip a day. that said, it does happen now and then. due to traveling, sickness, massive hangovers. but those are all few and far between.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Mon - Rest
    Tues - Morning weights / Evening run
    Weds Rest
    Thurs- Morning weights / Evening run
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - weights
    Sunday - Run
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tap Out XT 6 days a week, 45 minutes to 75 minutes each day!
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I workout 7 days per week, in my head.
    I physically workout 4 or 5 days per week.
    On those "in my head days," I feel a strong desire to workout, but I'm apparently lazy.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Yes.

For me, it goes beyond weight loss it is fitness.

I love being able to run when I need to, lift stuff (groceries, furniture), be flexible. I love the idea that when I'm 80, I'll be traveling the world and not sitting someplace cause my muscles are too weak or I have no cardio capacity.

I do an hour each time..on those days when I "just don't feel like it", that hour could be an easy hour on the treadmill reading a book.

Once you make it a habit you can't live without it.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I love three days a week for anywhere from 60-90 minutes and sometimes that's followed by 15 minutes of HIIT. The other days I just try and be active in some way - typically taking the dog for a long walk or run.
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For me and my body, everyday is too much.
    I just started weight lifting and I do my workout 3-4 times a week (each is about 10-15min cardio and 35-45min of weight training).
    On the other days I try not so sit on the couch all day ;) So, I take the bike to go somewhere or I take a walk.
    This way, I feel good during and after my workouts.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I take a rest day every week. It's necessary for me. I need it to do a good job with my long run on Saturday. And sometimes I even take a rest day just because I feel like I need it or want it or life gets in the way (about once per month or so). The body needs rest.

Here's my usual routine:
    Mon - run 5 miles (tempo or speedwork) in am & TKD class (one hour) in pm
    Tues - TKD class in pm (1 -2 hours)
    Wed - run 6 - 10 miles, depending on what I'm training for (usually hills or intervals)
    Thurs - run 5 miles (ez pace) & TKD class (one hour) in pm
    Fri - rest day
    Sat - long run (12 - 20 miles)
    Sun - TKD practice (about 2 hours)

Since I'm running 4 X week and practicing Tae Kwon Do 4 X week, its tough to get in strength training but I'm trying to get that in on Sundays as part of my TKD practice and Wed at home. I feel like that's not quite enough but it will have to do right now. I was hoping to get in some yoga and tabata this summer but it never happened. Oh well.
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm working through Insanity and even Shaun T gives us a day off!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I lift 4 days a week and my dog runs me a couple of miles twice a week. We both take Saturdays off :drinker:
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I walk 5 miles everyday. Since it's summer I've been working out almost everyday - not big workouts though - just enough to burn calories so I can eat more! haha
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I usually do something everyday of the week, even if it's walking around the block.
  • bethanyfranco1
    Options
    I don't do a whole lot of exercise on any day. My plan for weight loss is mostly just cutting calories and logging my food. It's not a popular plan, but I don't see anything wrong with it...as long as you have a calorie deficit, you will still lose weight.