Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yikes.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    You need fat for hormonal stability and carbs for energy production. Plus, unless your calories are crazy low, 20% and 30% aren't exactly low. Suppose you're on 2000 calories; that puts you at about 250p, 44f and 150c. Lowish, but not exactly extreme. It doesn't count as low carb/high fat or high carb/low fat so aside from having no energy I'm not sure what it would do for you!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    With 50% calories from protein, you need to think about how you're getting enough fiber; kidney function if you or your family have a history of kidney problems; and gout attacks if you're prone to the disease. Even Atkins is only 20-30% protein - it's a low carb high fat diet. When I did low carb, I had a problem with getting enough fiber, and with gout symptoms. Not something I'd want to do long term.

As has been pointed out many times in this forum and by toxicon in this thread, you're not going to be eating like this for the rest of your life, and your trainer isn't going to be around for the rest of your life. How are you going to maintain and not put the weight back on - and keep it up for the rest of your life?