Diet soda

Options
I've read on diet soda and regular soda and I wanna know your opinion. I stopped drinking soda quite a bit ago because when you drink to many normal sodas you gain weight from the excess calories. Will I gain weight drinking diet soda? How much should I limit myself too? Will I gain weight from drinking it even though it has 0 calories?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Really? I mean I have no idea so im not gonna shut down that statement or anything but it just seems so unhealthy.

If it doesn't fit in with your goals then don't drink it.

Too many calories cause weight gain - since diet soda doesn't have calories it can't result in excess calories.

You have to decide what "healthy" or "unhealthy" means to you. As others have stated it's just a beverage.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Really? I mean I have no idea so im not gonna shut down that statement or anything but it just seems so unhealthy.

If it doesn't fit in with your goals then don't drink it.

Too many calories cause weight gain - since diet soda doesn't have calories it can't result in excess calories.

You have to decide what "healthy" or "unhealthy" means to you. As others have stated it's just a beverage.

What I meant by healthy was more of will I gain weight but since it's no calories as you all explained I have my answer as to I can drink it without weight gain!
  • NorthernLights1985
    NorthernLights1985 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In the past I lost half my bodyweight and I drank diet soda every day. today I prefer it. Now after gaining some weight again Im on track with weight loss and still drinking it every day.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    What is with all the soda posts lately?! Did Oz/Oprah do a segment on it or something?

I was thinking the same thing?!

It has no calories, it won't make you gain weight.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    fun math.

The diet cranberry soda i have here is 5 calories per can.

Itd take 360 cans to hit my calories for the day.

Im going to go ahead and say even the diet drinks with a few calories wont kill my meal plan... (imagine the bathroom time though oh my)

And considering majority are 0 cal, Your good.

Not to mention the electrolyte imbalances through peeing so much.