Options

Replies

• MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    fun math.

The diet cranberry soda i have here is 5 calories per can.

Itd take 360 cans to hit my calories for the day.

Im going to go ahead and say even the diet drinks with a few calories wont kill my meal plan... (imagine the bathroom time though oh my)

And considering majority are 0 cal, Your good.

Not to mention the electrolyte imbalances through peeing so much.

And the steps, if you are keeping track. Love FitBit!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    MsChewMe wrote: »
    fun math.

Im going to go ahead and say even the diet drinks with a few calories wont kill my meal plan... (imagine the bathroom time though oh my)

And the steps, if you are keeping track. Love FitBit!

My bathroom is only 25 steps away. Assuming a round trip of 1 cup of pee per trip thatd be 18,000 steps XD hahaha I think youd burn off alot of the calories.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    fun math.

No worries, because all the sodium!! j/k
  • MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    fun math.

No worries, because all the sodium!! j/k

I add extra sodium to my diet soda to balance electrolytes. I’m a DIY kind of gal. A Martha Stewart, so to speak! She hates me.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only thing you have to worry about is the sodium, but most of them don't have nearly as much as they used to, so unless you're drinking a TON, even that is probably a non-issue.

There isn't just sodium in soda, there is also water. The amount of water in the soda far exceeds the amount of sodium to the point that if you drank a ton of soda you would probably be depleting your bodies overall sodium content not increasing it.

Basically if you want to increase sodium levels, eat sodium rich foods. If you want to decrease it, drink water or drink water that contains sodium at concentrations lower than that found in your blood...which soda is, by a lot.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    If a person don't like regular water. Can they substitute with diet soda. Since it's not bad for you at all it should be as good as water?
    I don't like water so I drink crystal light. But what about diet coke instead of water?
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    What is with all the soda posts lately?! Did Oz/Oprah do a segment on it or something?

No I'm not normally on the community much so I'm sorry if I seemed repetitive to the others. I was just at the store today and I bought a case of diet soda instead of a normal one and was curious.
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Here we go again. I have to ask what's next? Is drinking water going to make me fat and then kill me unless it's certified organic and comes from Whole Foods?
    No it was honestly just a question due to the chemicals and such in it.

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    If a person don't like regular water. Can they substitute with diet soda. Since it's not bad for you at all it should be as good as water?
    I don't like water so I drink crystal light. But what about diet coke instead of water?

Sure. Diet soda is basically carbonated water with a little flavoring.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    fun math.

Thank you!!
  • rickiimarieee
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Here we go again. I have to ask what's next? Is drinking water going to make me fat and then kill me unless it's certified organic and comes from Whole Foods?

Why do you even open these threads if they bother you so much?
    So you know it all, good for you. Many posters don't. I have friends who are convinced diet coke fools your body to believe it drinks real sugar and make you fat. That is not an uncommon and unheard of opinion. Not to mention diet coke gives you cancer.

Thank you for saying this! I don't get on community very much anymore and they're so many different 'facts' on diet soda saying it's good for you and it's bad for you. I just wanted to hear from some people that have experienced it first hand!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

Sure. Diet soda is basically carbonated water with a little flavoring.

Ok...Im not planning to do this. I don't think carbonation is good for my teeth. But I heard some time ago the caffeine and it will dehydrate me.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    @Aaron_K123 Your broccoli comment made me chuckle! But saying that none of what I said was actually true is not actually true.