Not satisfied with physique: lack of thickness/mass

Options
124»

Replies

• MrElculver2424
    MrElculver2424 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I like greek yogurt and that doesn't seem to give me any acne issues, so I will try to eat more of that to keep my protein intake up. I'm gonna try whey protein shakes with just plain white milk for a little bit and see if I can manage that without skin issues.

As far as my diet goes....yeah, I know it's not very good, but there's little I'm gonna do about that right now. I'm in college and have no access to healthy food that is quick and not annoying and even if I did, I hate it and would be miserable eating like that all the time, in addition to taking extra time to prepare meals from scratch. It's just not gonna happen right now in my life...maybe in the future at some point.

So for now I'll just have to up the calories with more processed and boxed microwavable stuff, and train better.

I honestly would like to train with a specific plan designed for a special type of athlete (even though I don't play baseball anymore, I used to, and would enjoy a workout plan designed for that body type). Problem is, our gyms here on campus don't really have anywhere to do "training" stuff outside of just sitting on machines or lifting dumbbells. And, on top of that, I made a workout buddy this semester who is a real beginner and is really skinny, so we've been working out together, but honestly I feel like I'm holding myself back a little, because he can't do some of the things I want to work on yet. I try to do my heavier/more intense stuff after he leaves, but still...might have to evaluate that whole situation for my own sake.

• joeyy888
    joeyy888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok, so you go 6 days a week? Doing the same routine or different muscle groups each time?

Sorry if you already said before , I might of missed it.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Try not to compare your arms, chest, back, etc to others. Some start with greater amounts of baseline muscle mass in specific areas thus have potential for greater volume gains. I, for example, started with less biceps, triceps and hamstrings, more glutes and averege all else. If you're like me, aim for symmetry for aesthetic and functional balance.

My 2 cents for conventional hypertrophy training based on research reviews:
    *2 to 3 sessions per muscle group per week.
    *75 to 80% of 1 Rep Max.
    *6 to 12 reps [ideally 8 to 10] per set to or near failure.
    *30 to 60 total reps per muscle group per session.
    *1 to 2 sets per muscle group for untrained; 3 to 6 sets for trained persons.
    *1 to 2 second concentric and eccentric movements.
    *1 to 3 minute rest between sets.