Underactive thyroid

MrsQueenG
MrsQueenG Posts: 12 Member
Is anybody else taking Levothyroxine and finding their hypothyroidism symptoms aren’t relieved at all with it? I am so worried this condition is going to stand in my way

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    MrsQueenG wrote: »
    Is anybody else taking Levothyroxine and finding their hypothyroidism symptoms aren’t relieved at all with it? I am so worried this condition is going to stand in my way

Hello New Member. Chit Chat is a silly place and therefor you may have an easier time finding the answer you are looking for here:

General Diet and Weight Loss Help
  • ayates1312
    ayates1312 Posts: 1 Member
    I started taking it when I was pregnant. Unfortunately we miscarried our twins at 16 weeks, but I am still taking it and I have actually lost 14lbs since I found out I was pregnant in July. That's more than I have been able to lose in years. I would talk to your doctor to make sure you are on the right dosage. It may need increased.
  • helena99716
    helena99716 Posts: 62 Member
    edited October 2017
    I am taking them, I have been taking a 50 mg dose daily for the last 5 or 6 years, and I've lost 43 kg this year (94 lbs), so even though I feel like the pills aren't really helping with other symptoms (such as fatigue, for example), it hasn't stood in my way to lose weight. :) but as you already know, if you see that you're unable to lose weight after some time dieting, it would be best to speak to your doctor and see what they tell you regarding the pills.
    Best of luck on your journey!