Options
2»

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP the problem is that half a lb per week over 5 weeks is 2.5 lbs which could really easily hide behind water weight fluctuations. Some things to think about:

Is the scale going up and down over this time, or is it reading the exact same weight the whole time? If it hasn't moved at all, change the batteries.

Consider focusing on a non weight goal for a couple of months. Some kind of fitness or behavior goal. Maybe don't even weigh yourself for a few of weeks.

Consider working on recomping rather than losing weight. You are at a healthy weight for your height, so eating at maintenance and focusing on strength training may make a bigger change in your physique than dieting at this point.

Once you are under 10 lbs left, especially when you are already at a healthy weight, the challenge is that normal weight fluctuations can easily mask fat loss on a week to week basis and make scale watching miserable. I'm 5'4 and hovering between 125-130. I'm fine where I am, but still trying to figure out whether dieting off another 5-10 is worth it, or whether to keep focusing on fitness/muscle building instead. First world problems but the struggle is real lol :blush:

I’m a skinny fat at this point, I’m skinny everywhere except for my thighs and stomach, stomach is basically a lot of extra skin from pregnancy so I look a lot bigger than I am and I’ve always just had big thighs.

Having fat on your body does not equal skinny fat. You definitely do not look big. At all.

Doesn't skinny fat mean you have a bf% over 30? Op definitely doesn't

To the bolded: BF of 30% is not skinny fat. If that were true, I would not be fat. I have 30% and am still fat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    OP the problem is that half a lb per week over 5 weeks is 2.5 lbs which could really easily hide behind water weight fluctuations. Some things to think about:

Is the scale going up and down over this time, or is it reading the exact same weight the whole time? If it hasn't moved at all, change the batteries.

Consider focusing on a non weight goal for a couple of months. Some kind of fitness or behavior goal. Maybe don't even weigh yourself for a few of weeks.

Consider working on recomping rather than losing weight. You are at a healthy weight for your height, so eating at maintenance and focusing on strength training may make a bigger change in your physique than dieting at this point.

Once you are under 10 lbs left, especially when you are already at a healthy weight, the challenge is that normal weight fluctuations can easily mask fat loss on a week to week basis and make scale watching miserable. I'm 5'4 and hovering between 125-130. I'm fine where I am, but still trying to figure out whether dieting off another 5-10 is worth it, or whether to keep focusing on fitness/muscle building instead. First world problems but the struggle is real lol :blush:

I’m a skinny fat at this point, I’m skinny everywhere except for my thighs and stomach, stomach is basically a lot of extra skin from pregnancy so I look a lot bigger than I am and I’ve always just had big thighs.

Having fat on your body does not equal skinny fat. You definitely do not look big. At all.

To the bolded: BF of 30% is not skinny fat. If that were true, I would not be fat. I have 30% and am still fat.

I think she means if you are over 30% at a normal weight/height (BMI) .. typically.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »

I think she means if you are over 30% at a normal weight/height (BMI) .. typically.

Yes i mean bf% of 30 but bmi in normal range
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    How are you tracking your food intake? Are you using a food scale? You're at a healthy weight, so your accuracy has to be spot on if you're trying to lose he last few pounds. Tighten up the logging if you're not already doing so.

I use measuring cups and spoons and electric food scale

Are you using the food scale for all solids?
    Yes ma’am

Yea I duno the strict definition (since tbh I hate that term) but if that pic is current I am not seeing it....

Yea I duno the strict definition (since tbh I hate that term) but if that pic is current I am not seeing it....

I thought skinny fat basically meant you lose weight everywhere except a certain area. Yes the picture is current lw6w93cbmedq.jpeg
    This picture is what my stomach looks like, extra skin and extra fat I can’t see to get rid of. That’s why I called myself skinny fat. Don’t mind all the stretch marks
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, my original comment still stands. Except to say that if your problem is excess skin, that can take some time to firm up, and for some people the only way to get rid of it is surgery. I have not had a baby or lost a lot of weight, so I don't have experience with it, but maybe others will chime in about that. But whether or not excess skin will tighten up has a lot to do with genetics and time. You can't diet or exercise away loose skin. Unfortunately, whether the issue is fat or skin, the solution will require a good amount of patience.