Walk to Mordor

Options

Replies

• Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    @lowjax75 Nice job! Did you make it?

I've gotten off track with Christmas. Time to get back on track. :)

30018749.png
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    @lowjax75 Nice job! Did you make it?

I've gotten off track with Christmas. Time to get back on track. :)

30018749.png

Same here, I wont make to Bree by the new year, it was a long shot anyways, but I will make sure to be there right after the first, we have so much snow here I havent been able to go on a long hike recently, really itching to get out there!
    Options
    @laurenebargar I haven't been outside for a walk in weeks. I miss it. I've had to walk in my apartment because of the cold. The latest we have is below zero temperatures with well below zero wind chills. The snow missed us for the most part, though we're supposed to get a couple inches on Thursday. Nowhere near what the east coast U.S. got.

At least you'll get to Bree shortly. :)

30018749.png
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    @laurenebargar I haven't been outside for a walk in weeks. I miss it. I've had to walk in my apartment because of the cold. The latest we have is below zero temperatures with well below zero wind chills. The snow missed us for the most part, though we're supposed to get a couple inches on Thursday. Nowhere near what the east coast U.S. got.

30018749.png

It’s been the same here @Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix . -3 was the high and -14 the low. -30 windchill. Tomorrow will be about as cold.
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »

30018749.png

It’s been the same here @Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix . -3 was the high and -14 the low. -30 windchill. Tomorrow will be about as cold.

Same here @Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix and @lowjax75 However after our gym being closed for a few days they finally reopened (with a few new machines yay!) so Ill be able to get some more miles in, pairing the gym with walking the dog :)
    Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix Posts: 372 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

30018749.png

Same here @Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix and @lowjax75 However after our gym being closed for a few days they finally reopened (with a few new machines yay!) so Ill be able to get some more miles in, pairing the gym with walking the dog :)

@lowjax75 @laurenebargar Stay safe while you are traveling in this weather.

That's exciting that your gym is reopening with new machines! :) Have fun! It should make your workout time go really quickly.

30018749.png
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome. thanks for sharing the app link
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    I got a new phone for christmas and this Walk to Mordor was the second app I downloaded to make sure it still worked :D
  • lowjax75
    Options
    nice @laurenebargar ! Merry Christmas to you!

Not a lot of walking yesterday and probably not today either. Most of today is going to be spent visiting family.
  • rcd7
    rcd7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Someone told me about the "Run Zombie" app. It's very cool too.it tells a story as you walk.
    So I am running (well walking actually) away from zombies and also following Frodo and Sam's journey at the same time!

I just downloaded both of these. - can’t wait to get started!

• lowjax75
    Options
    rcd7 wrote: »
    Someone told me about the "Run Zombie" app. It's very cool too.it tells a story as you walk.
    So I am running (well walking actually) away from zombies and also following Frodo and Sam's journey at the same time!

I just downloaded both of these. - can’t wait to get started!

Welcome @rcd7 ! Glad to have you onboard!
    Options
    @gkingbr You're welcome! Hope to have you join us.

@rcd7 Welcome!

@laurenebargar Nice! I would be downloading it too as one of the first apps. :#

2.5 Miles today

21.02 Miles to go to Midgewater Marshes (West)

30018749.png

• laurenebargar
    Options
    Progress:
    Bag end- Completed
    Tookland- Completed
    Encounter with the Black Rider- Completed
    Meet the Elves- Completed
    Edge of Farmer Maggot's Field- Completed
    Buckleberry Ferry-Completed
    Crickhollow- Completed
    Old Man Willow- Completed
    Tom Bombadil's house- Already have enough miles that when I enter this in tonight it will be completed
    Captured by Barrow Wight- 18.08 Miles to go!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    Current Status:

Bag End: Completed
    Tookland: Completed
    Encounter with Black Rider: Completed
    Meet the Elves: Completed
    Edge of Farmer Maggot’s Field: Completed
    Buckleberry Ferry: Completed
    Crickhollow: Completed
    Old Man Willow: Completed
    Tom Bombadil’s House: Completed
    Captured by Barrow Wight: Completed
    Bree: Completed
    Midgewater Marshes (West): 32.68 Miles to go
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    Current Status:

Bag End: Completed
    Tookland: Completed
    Encounter with Black Rider: Completed
    Meet the Elves: Completed
    Edge of Farmer Maggot’s Field: Completed
    Buckleberry Ferry: Completed
    Crickhollow: Completed
    Old Man Willow: Completed
    Tom Bombadil’s House: Completed
    Captured by Barrow Wight: Completed
    Bree: Completed
    Midgewater Marshes (West): 32.68 Miles to go

Wow awesome job, you flew right past me from when I was sick, I have some serious catching up to try to do!
  • lowjax75
    Options

Wow awesome job, you flew right past me from when I was sick, I have some serious catching up to try to do!

Thanks, but now I'm stuck at my parents and it's freezing outside and snowing. Not much walking at all this week. I'm sure you will catch me soon.
  • laurenebargar
    Options

Thanks, but now I'm stuck at my parents and it's freezing outside and snowing. Not much walking at all this week. I'm sure you will catch me soon.

haha considering my car said it was 1 degree this morning I think the only walking ill be doing in a few miles on the treadmill tonight if that!
  • lowjax75
    Options

haha considering my car said it was 1 degree this morning I think the only walking ill be doing in a few miles on the treadmill tonight if that!

Same here. It is currently 0 but that’s an improvement over yesterday. -12 yesterday morning.
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did the walk but didn't have the app just the print outs. The app would have made it easier. I didn't have a fitbit for almost half of it so I just tracked all my exercise walks. Once I got my fitbit it went faster. I did the whole journey in exactly 2 years. It was fun!
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    Also it doesnt compare in the slightest but if you enjoy rowing at the gym (my new found love) theres a rowing a million meters app, similar to walk to mordor, im doing both right now, and it would be amazing if I could Finish both of these apps by 2019.

That would mean:
    Rowing 2,739.73 meters a day
    Walking 5.028 miles a day

Both seem unlikely at this stage haha however sometimes I really put in the miles on the weekend hiking, especially in the summer, and who knows as I get more into rowing that might be doable!