Walk to Mordor

Options

Replies

• TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    1.38 Miles yesterday

39.09 Miles to Trollshaws

Soon be there, then onwards to Bilbo's Trolls!
  • Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    6.34 miles today, and that's March's exercise over with. 230 miles added in total this month with two days rest and 2 days of under 5 miles with the rest all over 5 miles per day. I'm now 42.92 miles away from The Dreadful Nightfall.
    I put the old LOTR BBC radio play on my headphones for my walk today and the Hobbits had just met up with Strider at the Prancing Pony when I got home. More tomorrow!

I LOVE that radio play——used to have it on cassette (yes, I am ancient). Is it available digitally?

There was a cd release - it's where I ripped mine from - it doesn't appear to be available from the usual sources as MP3 - the cds are available on Amazon. LOTR On Amazon
    there's also someone who's put it on Soundcloud. LOTR on Soundcloud

Another 8.26 miles today. 34.66 miles until The Dreadful Nightfall
    In the Radioplay, Gandalf just fell into Darkness in Khazad-dûm.

Oh I'm gonna have to get that downloaded... :)

Great job!
    1.38 Miles yesterday

39.09 Miles to Trollshaws

Soon be there, then onwards to Bilbo's Trolls!

Slowly but surely. Thank you! :blush:
  • TEQWAR
    edited April 2018
    Options
    6.34 miles today, and that's March's exercise over with. 230 miles added in total this month with two days rest and 2 days of under 5 miles with the rest all over 5 miles per day. I'm now 42.92 miles away from The Dreadful Nightfall.
    I put the old LOTR BBC radio play on my headphones for my walk today and the Hobbits had just met up with Strider at the Prancing Pony when I got home. More tomorrow!

I LOVE that radio play——used to have it on cassette (yes, I am ancient). Is it available digitally?

There was a cd release - it's where I ripped mine from - it doesn't appear to be available from the usual sources as MP3 - the cds are available on Amazon. LOTR On Amazon

It's definitely worth it. They got a hell of a cast on it too - Michael Hordern, Ian Holm, Peter Vaughan, John Le Mesurier amongst others.
    http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_(1981_radio_series)
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. And big congrats on your progress.

ETA: holy Eru that’s pricey. Wish I hadn’t gotten rid of Cass esst es after 2 were crushed in the car door.

• TEQWAR
    Options

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. And big congrats on your progress.

ETA: holy Eru that’s pricey. Wish I hadn’t gotten rid of Cass esst es after 2 were crushed in the car door.

I didn't think $38 was too bad, but the files on Soundcloud play well enough and can even be downloaded if you google for download from soundcloud, there's various sites to facilitate it.
  • InvaderEmmett
    InvaderEmmett Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So, I did this thing called "get a job" so haven't been posting in here. BUT I have been walking about 7kms average for my commute for work so I'm now 30.98kms to Midgewater Marshes West. Surprise XD
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    2.57 miles yesterday. 39.92 miles until Trollshaws!

Going to have a busy week, not sure how many miles I will be able to get. Good things the Ringwraiths aren't actually chasing me!!
    Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix Posts: 372 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

It's definitely worth it. They got a hell of a cast on it too - Michael Hordern, Ian Holm, Peter Vaughan, John Le Mesurier amongst others.
    http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_(1981_radio_series)

That looks awesome! Thank you for the info!

So, I did this thing called "get a job" so haven't been posting in here. BUT I have been walking about 7kms average for my commute for work so I'm now 30.98kms to Midgewater Marshes West. Surprise XD

Ah yes, this thing called life and responsibilities. Good luck! Congrats on your progress! :smile:

2.57 miles yesterday. 39.92 miles until Trollshaws!

Going to have a busy week, not sure how many miles I will be able to get. Good things the Ringwraiths aren't actually chasing me!!

I totally agree with you. If they were actually chasing me I would have been caught outside the Shire. :lol:

1.49 Miles yesterday

37.06 Miles to Trollshaws
    Options
    2.23 Miles yesterday

35.57 Miles to Trollshaws
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    7.55 yesterday and 5.87 today, leaving me 21.25 miles from The Dreadful Nightfall, 45.25 miles from Ring Destroyed and 193.25 miles from the end. In the radioplay, the Fellowship has broken and Boromir is about to get his.
    Options
    7.55 yesterday and 5.87 today, leaving me 21.25 miles from The Dreadful Nightfall, 45.25 miles from Ring Destroyed and 193.25 miles from the end. In the radioplay, the Fellowship has broken and Boromir is about to get his.

Great job! :)

1.65 Miles yesterday

33.72 Miles to Trollshaws
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    1.55 miles today hard getting milage in for a couple weeks as kids om easter hols and cant expect a 4 year old to walk 6 miles or more.

1.85 miles to the Ford of Bruinen
  • TEQWAR
    Options

1.65 Miles yesterday

33.72 Miles to Trollshaws

That number's coming down! I loved encountering Bilbo's trolls when I first read Lord of the Rings - far longer ago than I care to admit or think about!

Joshearing wrote: »
    1.55 miles today hard getting milage in for a couple weeks as kids om easter hols and cant expect a 4 year old to walk 6 miles or more.

Wheels. Have you considered fitting wheels to the four year old? :smiley:
    2 miles or 10 miles, it's all progress!
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Wheels. Have you considered fitting wheels to the four year old? :smiley:
    2 miles or 10 miles, it's all progress![/quote]

We have a buggy board to but he'd want to ride the entire route and there is some bug hills i dont think id make it. Hubby has surprised me with a manual tredmill so fingers crossed i can get some millage on that when he's home to watch the boys, my 4 yr old wouldnt leave me alone otherwise.

• fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’ve been away for a few days- I’m finding the arbitrary mileposts past Rivendell less than noteworthy-
    But! I got a record today- 19 miles!!! I’m sore and starving but happy
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    fostersu wrote: »
    Sorry I’ve been away for a few days- I’m finding the arbitrary mileposts past Rivendell less than noteworthy-

19 miles?! Wow, that's one hell of an achievement!
    Options

Great job! :)

Awww, yea that would be a bit much for a 4 year old.

fostersu wrote: »

Welcome back. :) Wow! 19 miles! Fantastic job! :)
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    Exactly 6 miles today - now only 8.84 miles away from The Dreadful Nightfall
    In the radioplay, the orcs of Saruman have just been wiped out at Helm's Deep. I'm limiting myself to one episode a day so the final episode will be next Wednesday - when I'm still on track to destroy the ring in my Walk To Mordor.
  • TEQWAR
    Options
    Oh and it'll be my 49th birthday - but at least I'm not Eleventy One!
    Options
    Exactly 6 miles today - now only 8.84 miles away from The Dreadful Nightfall
    In the radioplay, the orcs of Saruman have just been wiped out at Helm's Deep. I'm limiting myself to one episode a day so the final episode will be next Wednesday - when I'm still on track to destroy the ring in my Walk To Mordor.

Awesome job! :)
    Oh and it'll be my 49th birthday - but at least I'm not Eleventy One!

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day! B)