Replies

• GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @TEQWAR my hands ain’t going anywhere near his carrots😬😆
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Options
    Got through Farmer Maggots fields without getting caught! Now on to Buckleberry Ferry......
  • MoKaaz
    MoKaaz Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome app! Thank you for showing the community this
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Options
    Ive taken the Buckleberry Ferry and reached Crickhollow. Next up Old Man Willow, I haven’t read the book and this isnt in the movie but i have read a lil on wiki. What an adventure !
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Not been able to get out much due to kids being ill but 34.53 to complete The Walk to Mordor
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I reached Crickhollow a couple of days ago, and now I'm Merrily (and Pippinly) on my way to Old Man Willow. :smiley:
  • felicianadine3
    felicianadine3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ive taken the Buckleberry Ferry and reached Crickhollow. Next up Old Man Willow, I haven’t read the book and this isnt in the movie but i have read a lil on wiki. What an adventure !

Just wait until to meet Tom Bombadil!!! He unfortunately didn't make the Peter Jackson movies, but he's an interesting character!
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Options
    @felicianadine3 I’m finding theres several things that didnt make the movie. Gonna check the library and see if they have book. Looking forward to the read!
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    The Willow is still in the films, but moved it to Fangorn rather than the edges of the shire where it should be.

• hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was captured by a Barrow Wight this morning
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Options
    I survived the Barrow Wight, now half way to Bree!!
    Travel safe.
  • GuessimGryffindor
    Options
    Just updated my log, Ive made it past Bree and Midgewater Marshes (West). About 8 miles ti Midgewater Marshes (East)
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Happy new year all. Can anyone tell me if I have to reset anything to start again after reaching the end? I finished some time last November and was waiting for the start of the new year to begin again but although the mileage I entered this morning shows up on the distance log nothing shows on the home page for the milestones. Thanks.
  • felicianadine3
    felicianadine3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Jokeen16 wrote: »
    I've now completed the walk to Mordor. Feeling really proud of myself.

That's amazing! Congratulations!!!
  • gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I want this! Unfortunately after I downloaded it I am getting an error trying to set up an account so I can’t use it. Disappointing!
  • GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience yesterday. I was all set to begin my journey, adding a touch of adventure to the mundane task of picking up the back yard. 20 minutes later, I'm frustrated enough that my children notice my face and ask what's wrong.

"I want to walk to Mordor while picking up dog waste." I'm met with quizzical stares.

"The Hobbit? Lord of the Rings? Sam and Frodo have to get to Mordor; I *WANT* to journey with them. It's a trek of more than 1900 miles. I need to start NOW if I'm going to finish this year. And Sam and Frodo don't want me!" Eyerolls and giggles achieved; I got on with my day.
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Jokeen16 wrote: »
    I've now completed the walk to Mordor. Feeling really proud of myself.
    Congratulations! I was getting lonely sat here on my own. :smile:

• huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Put the kettle on, Tom B. I’ll be there shortly.
  • kaylas1114
    kaylas1114 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Joining this group today! This will make my walk/runs more exciting :) only 4 miles in but almost to Tookland!