Replies

• 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    soft tacos
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    1 avocado can of white beans mustard veggies and bread or a tortilla. Mash avocado mustard and beans, put on wrap or bread with veggies (onion tomato whatever) delish!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Ramen with soft boiled eggs and any random veggies or protein in the fridge. It's great for using up leftovers. Pork chop, chicken, onions, spinach, mushrooms, frozen green beans. Lots of hot sauce or sambal olek.

Egg sandwiches. Egg, cheese, toast, and maybe some ham/bacon or spinach or salsa.

Roasted vegetables, hot pepper flakes, garlic, and olive oil on pasta, Parmesan.

yum ramen for me too, especially with red cabbage in it :p
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    When I'm craving some easy comfort food after work I often just make myself a breakfast sandwich. Or have a meat and cheese platter with an apple and peanut butter. Or roasted skin-on chicken thighs with buffalo sauce and steamed buttered broccoli.

For actual recipes... I love to make creamy soups. Curried butternut squash, broccoli cheddar, ham & potato... so filling and nice in the winter! I like casseroles too with lots of chicken and veggies and cheese. And quiches/meat pies/chicken pot pies.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    maryannprt wrote: »
    I don't think I do either. It can vary by mood. I have a couple of standby quick dishes that I can whip together from pantry staples.

I think that's the question. What are your standby "ugh my brain hurts what am I going to eat so I don't starve and I don't have to be creative" meals?

I read it as "what are your standby 'got home late and have to make something fast with what I have on hand.'" (My answer: vegetable omelet.)

I'd distinguish that from, say, a roasted chicken breast (skin on, bone in), roasted potatoes, and vegetables. That's definitely a "what can I make that is delicious without thinking about it," but it's not particularly fast and I will not always have a chicken or chicken breast on hand.

Just musing, I suppose.
  • missevil
    missevil Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have two. One is my go-to lunch at work: a baked potato and a package of cream cheese with herbs.
    At home, I often end up with a tortilla with a sunny-side-up egg and mashed Avocado. Unfortunately, it's a tidbit too high in calories for many evenings, but quick, easy and yummy.
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Chunks of chicken or round steak sautéed in olive oil w red pepper strips, onion chunks, mushrooms.

Salmon or tilapia on a bed of sautéed spinach.

Lean ground beef, can of Rotel Chil Fixins diced tomatoes, red kidney beans, for chili.

Thank you all for the ideas above!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    My default is always a couple heads of romaine or a clamshell of arugula in a mixing bowl with whatever other raw vegetables are in the fridge (usually tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, and often broccoli, celery, and carrot) chopped up in there too, plus either a can of tuna, a couple boiled eggs, some canned chickpeas, or a chopped up veggie burger. Normally just dressed with a lot of fresh lemon juice, a little olive oil, and salt, but sometimes I do balsamic, or truffle oil, or salsa/sriracha, or whatever. I'll throw some goat cheese or a few croutons on there too if it works with whatever else I put in the bowl.

I like salad, so it's always my uninspired/use whatever is in the fridge solution.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Right now it’s a shrimp stir fry. Shrimp, onion, zucchini, brown rice with low sodium teriyaki sauce.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Oodles of steamed broccoli with chili sauce and some kind of egg or chicken wrap (often with spinach/ onions/ feta or spinach/ beans/ salsa). YUM! It's satisfying, quick, and I always have the right stuff at home to make some variation of it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I make stuffed peppers pretty much once per week..also this "Tuscan" cod dish that's really quick and easy. I also make either chili or this lentil stoup that I like about once per week this time of year.
  • pizzawanter
    pizzawanter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Shin cup ramen

Tuna, sweetcorn and mayo on toasted nimble

Protein smoothie - half a frozen banana, dollop of greek yoghurt, milk, scoop of protein, teaspoon of cocoa powder, teaspoon of honey or vanilla bean paste

And my absolute favourite of all... a big bowl of corn flakes with loads of milk.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Mine's soup. I love throwing a f-ton of carrots, onions, celery into a pot w/ some chicken bullion and a little bit of pasta and calling it a day.
  • KenzieTeague
    KenzieTeague Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love building bowls that are heavy on the veggies. My current favorite is mediterranean style with a potato base, veggies of choice, roasted chick peas, with some tahini-lemon-garlic drizzle over it all. I usually do half sweet potato and half russet. My kids love it too so it is a win-win.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Eggs, cheese, butter. Seriously - I probably eat this 2-3 times a week. Boring but it gets the job done.