30 day shred followed by ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• jnelson2017
    jnelson2017 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sweat loads on my last day of Level 1. Starting level 2 tomorrow! @220Dani I know what you mean about the 3lb weights feeling 10; I definitely felt that today.

A bit of trouble with my knees today but should be ok.
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did killer butt and thigh yesterday and it went much better than last Saturday definitely not us sore
  • jnelson2017
    Options
    Level 2 will be the death of me. Those lunges and planks... whew! Day 1 complete!
  • 220Dani
    220Dani Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have to stop for a while because of my ankle. I really must've done more to it than I thought. Hurts to even walk now and is slightly swollen. This always happens when I start exercising - I have absolutely no grace when it comes to stuff like this. lol I'm hoping after a rested weekend I can pick up Monday.
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    220Dani - I had issues with my ankle when I exercised you can go and see chiropractor and they can do an adjustment it might help.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    220Dani wrote: »
    I have to stop for a while because of my ankle. I really must've done more to it than I thought. Hurts to even walk now and is slightly swollen. This always happens when I start exercising - I have absolutely no grace when it comes to stuff like this. lol I'm hoping after a rested weekend I can pick up Monday.

This is me. I do cardio on separate days from strength training for this very reason. I need to focus when I do lunges and squats so I have good form throughout. No cardio/strength mix for me.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    220Dani wrote: »

This is me. I do cardio on separate days from strength training for this very reason. I need to focus when I do lunges and squats so I have good form throughout. No cardio/strength mix for me.

I had to take a few days off because I hurt my knee on the door frame. I also alternate ripped and do something else on alternate days.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Back on Ripped, did day 6 of Level 2. I also did a new workout dvd I got today called, "Perfect Core" by Meghan White. It was nice for a change.
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Phoebolaylaylay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 and 2 of Body Revolution, a rest day today and then onto workouts 3 and 4.
  • jnelson2017
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 2 completed! Today has definitely been the hardest for me in this program. Had to stop multiple times cause my heart was racing, and my knees began to hurt. Had to stop doing the lunges with the jumps because the sound my ankle was making is not something I want to hear again.

I've been having pain in my knees when I work out and the day after. IDK what to do. any advice?
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 2 completed! Today has definitely been the hardest for me in this program. Had to stop multiple times cause my heart was racing, and my knees began to hurt. Had to stop doing the lunges with the jumps because the sound my ankle was making is not something I want to hear again.

I've been having pain in my knees when I work out and the day after. IDK what to do. any advice?

You don’t want to hurt yourself in a major way!! Stop the jumping lunges and just do the grounded ones, if those don’t hurt! You are still moving and you can do some of the other advanced moves if you feel it is needed.
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Phoebolaylaylay Posts: 36 Member
    Options

You may need to have a look at your form? or speak to a doctor? Jillian has some programmes that are less impactful I believe, maybe start slower and work up to the Shred. Or take a few days off and go back to level one for a little bit longer.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options

You may need to have a look at your form? or speak to a doctor? Jillian has some programmes that are less impactful I believe, maybe start slower and work up to the Shred. Or take a few days off and go back to level one for a little bit longer.

I agree...take it slower....make sure your knees aren't going past your toes when bending them. If your heart is racing you might need to tell your doctor, especially, if it continues after you slow down.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Ripped level 2 day 7 done today. I will go to level 3 Wednesday. Tomorrow, I will do something else...I like alternating days.
  • MaryBethHempel
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ripped level 3, 2nd day today....yikes...and ouch...a killer workout LOL!
    OH, and I also added 30 minutes of abs with the 10 minute solution dvd, and did my share of planks....I will have a sore stomach tomorrow....LOL!
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Options

Oh no! I’m getting nervous! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    edited February 2018
    Options
    myfitpal13 wrote: »

Oh no! I’m getting nervous! :)

You will be fine....you can always do the easier versions.... :) which I had to do some of the time! LOL!
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Options
    Lol. I haven’t even made it there yet, still
    doing a Shred. Seriously thinking I should brave the cold and get back to the gym, maybe I’m missing the gym vibe!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Ripped level 3 day 3 done....plus a few more exercises and dvd for waist.
  • mamashakesit
    mamashakesit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've done all the levels of Ripped now, although I have not completed the days I have blocked off for it. After BFBM, anything seems like a breeze lol! Level 3 and 4 are challenging, but I really like them. I think I'm starting to become a little more coordinated now, and I'm enjoying a more intermediate workout.