Have you tried soda after drinking water for awhile?

Options
2»

Replies

• avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking soda in 1995. I have been on only water or wine since then, and I can smell an open soda in a large room. Smells like sugar. I can't really drink the stuff either. Thick and sugary for sure.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Still love my soda pop. Tastes like ambrosia.
  • Ichigo2012
    Ichigo2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yep, been through that too. I'm down to only water and the occasional adult beverage.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I never really drank regular soda so I never got this exact reaction BUT I had a similar thing with chocolate. I forced myself to become chocolate snob and only ate the real good dark (85% cacao or above) in order to curb those chocolate cravings. if I wanted chocolate, I could only buy the good stuff and since it's more expensive and not as easy to find, that helped me avoid it. Anyway, when I tried eating milk chocolate again, it was like eating those cheap "chocolate flavored" candies. Blech!

P.S. No need to drink juices. You're better off eating actual fruit if you want to get more nutrients.
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Took a break from pop for a few months, but it still tasted good the next time I had it. However, I quickly found that my stomach was no longer used to all the carbonation, so I've been having such beverages in extreme moderation ever since.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    So very often and I always ended up withdrawing from the diet coke again. It's my soft spot, I keep on falling in that same trap :blushing:
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's disgusting. All I can taste is chemicals, that leave a nasty after taste.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    try adding a little alcohol to it. does the trick everytime.

you're welcome.
  • kate7582
    kate7582 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Doing it right now! I haven't had a can of diet coke in a really long time so I thought I would have one with lunch.
    I would rather have my ice water!! WHAT!!??
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet coke every once in a while..it still tastes pretty good to me..

most of the time it is unsweet tea and water...
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet coke every once in a while..it still tastes pretty good to me..

most of the time it is unsweet tea and water...

Same with me, but I don't do diet coke, I do water.

I also found that when I take a break from coffee (opting for unsweetened ice tea instead), I cannot handle the coffee at all!
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I drink water all the time but if I drink a fountain Pepsi it's still flipping delicious :wink: I can't tell you the last time I had a pop though. Too many calories :frown:
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Yeah...it's WAY too sweet now. Sometimes I will drink soda from the fountain if we go out, but that's it.
  • kitsiekitty
    Options
    Same with me, but with iced lemon tea, the canned/boxed type. I used to drink that stuff like water!

I stopped for about 4 months, and then decided to indulge for a night after my dance concert during our celebration dinner... oh gods it tasted so sweet. Sickeningly sweet, I couldn't take it. >.< Unsweetened tea and water for me, kthxbai. D:
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Same here; well my results were it was so sweet it was gross.
    It also gave me serve stomach cramps for several hours.
    Ice Tea (not freshly brewed; the nasty powder type) does the same thing.
    So water it is!!!!
    Good for all of us! :drinker:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It is really gross. I haven't drank soda in years.

Any type of canned/boxed premade drink is disgusting.
    Alcohol is gross too.

Just plain water, tea made from a tea bag and hot water, or real juice from fruit and veg put through a juicer.
    I can do a coffee once in a while but more than one makes me all jittery.