Pets... That's right, I'm one of "those" people...

Options

Replies

• downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Otherwise, I find pets to be an extreme drain on the budget. We will not be replacing the fish or the furry friends once they pass on.

They are, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Totally worth it.
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    *raises hand*

Currently shares a bed with 3 dogs.

..yup me too! AND a very large lumberjack of a man...we all barely fit on the California king! I wouldn't want it any other way though!

Here are my 2 girls in bed with me...the boys (human and canine) had already gotten up!

0e38dfd1-212f-40a2-95ce-eaebadd5d4df.jpg
  • onecatleadstoanother
    onecatleadstoanother Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My chihuahua puppy sleeps in his own bed with my ferret. Three cats rotate through a position on my bed and the window sills.
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My 10lb Main Coon usually sleeps at the foot of the bed or on my boyfriend's pillow, sometimes she'll drag one of her many toys into the bed with her and "cuddle" the toy while she sleeps in between us.
    My 18yr old cat Lonnie (profile picture) used to sleep in bed with us as well, usually at the foot of the bed on her own pillow, but she passed away yesterday. I can't bring myself to throw away her pillow yet and when I got up this morning Hunner (my 2yr old cat) was sitting on her pillow yowling.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have a cat. Do you want him?
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Cute dog, looking like they own the place. :laugh: The cat in my counter doesn't sleep with us, but that's because we sleep with a fan on us and fans are evil in the world according to Mimi The Evil Tuxedo Cat. She's got a warmed plug in pet pad she loves.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. My lab/shepherd cross sheds way to bad to be in my bed. She sleeps along side the bed on the floor. It's just been in the last few days where I've caught her sneaking up onto the bed. She knows she's not allowed on there, or the new couches in the living room. She always looks super guilty, but still does it. I didn't anticipate the amount of dog hair that would be floating around my house when we rescued her. She's lucky she's stinkin' cute and otherwise a well behaved dog.
  • Amor
    Amor Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a dog in my bed then a person... I <3 my little guy Troy!

Work won't let me post here, but he's the black and white dog in my pics... Hailey, she was my angel on earth, now in heaven that I miss so much. She was my cuddle monster, Troy is my snuggle bug :)

I want dogs... not kids... I am one of those people :heart:

Yes. yes. yes. Love everything about this.
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    what bed?? My cat takes up almost the whole bed lol -- and this is on a good day when I've taken most of her blankets off

576178_264609150316157_2084491539_n.jpg
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    ...who will talk about their pets any time, any where! Because basically the entire animal population is my best friend.

Anyway! So I was thinking... Who else shares a bed with their cat/dog?
    For the past two years I've shared my queen size bed with an 11lb chihuahua and to this day I walk up with my legs hanging off the side of the bed because he's taken over.

zoj6.jpg

Lol! Idk why but it cracks me up!

Okay, your turn! Now you tell me something fun about your pets :love:

Look at that guy! Spoiled Devil Lol!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dogs a Shih Tzu (Marley) and Samoyed (Mila). They are 2 princesses! They Samoyed will give the Shih Tzu the stare down to get under the Shih Tzu skin so the Shih Tzu will go on the attack and chase the Samoyed!! It is hilarious to watch! Like two children pushing each others buttons! :laugh:

Neither sleep with us. The Samoyed is too big and doesn't know how to jump on the bed and the Shih Tzu is a diva and wants to sleep in her own princess bed!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Artist's rendering of my relationship with my cat.

417.gif
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    IMG_2941_zps205083f9.jpg

Our Beagle, Armani!! He is kennel trained, so he doesnt sleep with us at night, but he does take naps with me and the baby!! <3
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My cat slept in my bed when he was a baby, now he's too grown for that... but I love him, regardless!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I love having my cat sleep in the bed... The problem is she wakes up in the middle of the night and starts running around, playing, meowing.. So usually she stays out so I can sleep. I usually let her sleep in my room when I feel guilty about not paying her enough attention during the day. XP And sometimes she behaves.
  • Amor
    Options
    Omg :laugh:
    All of these posts crack me up! I love it!

I love all of these big dogs people are sharing their beds with. I don't know how you do it, especially I'd you also have a spouse in there too! So adorable lol.

That picture was actually taken after coming home a bit late. Bodhi had his head on a pillow and the covers pulled up to his chin... Apparently I was disturbing his beauty sleep. Hahaha

& to those who share their bed with a cat, you're a brave soul. I used to but I've woken up too many time with claws in my cheek because I've gotten too close or tried to move them. Seems dogs don't mind being pushed around but cats :grumble: they'll let you have it haha!

This is making my day.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The cats get shut downstairs when we go to bed. They don't mind - they come down from the bed when they hear my husband open the cupboard door to get the treats out, and are happy that once this happens they can then sleep all over the living room without us getting in the way. Otherwise they would probably tread on my face all night, and that I can live without. I don't mind snoozing with them if I'm feeling ill, as it's quite comforting and they behave, but they aren't good at all night behaving.
  • Amor
    Options
    Artist's rendering of my relationship with my cat.

417.gif

LOL! Love it!
    And I love that show as well, go figure that tiger-like cat from Okinawa liked her. Lol
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I"ve got an 86 lb dog that no matter how hot it is thinks night time is cuddle time, she also seems to think my sole purpose in life is to scratch her whenever she wants it, no matter what im doing. The laundry has ended up all over the floor on multiple occasions lol.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I have a 55 lb Shepherd/Lab mix who used to sleep up against my back, but then my last foster nosed him out. She's now mine forever (35ish lb Pit/JRT mix), and sometimes he gets his spot back when she's curled up behind my knees. When I first brought her home, she used to lie across me, like she wanted to make sure I didn't go anywhere. That pic of the Chi in bed is adorable!