AIR FRYERS

Options
luvmykats
luvmykats Posts: 5 Member
Does anyone use an air fryer? Would like to find some good recipes for air frying.

Replies

• JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My husband's been talking about getting one of them. How do they even work?
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I personally like mine. If you're looking for fried taste, this won't achieve it. I mean, there's no oil so it doesn't taste the same. As mentioned above, it's like a convection oven. For my preference, I like the air fryer better because I have little counter space. The one I have is small enough to store in a cabinet.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Always wondered how they worked.

I have a convection oven already but only use it around the holidays.
  • WeighInn
    WeighInn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I loathe cooking and LOVE my air fryer. Easy. Easy. Easy. I have a large Farberware.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    We have a newer Philips version. Use it all the time.
    For me, it is perfect for cooking 1-3 bone in chicken breasts (could do more if using 2nd tray). No need to preheat. 15-20 minutes you have a perfectly baked chicken breast.

For the kids, I can do chicken, any of the coated products like chicken strips--can cook 12 of them and serve before our convection oven is preheated!

Great for spatter items like sausages and bacon/peameal bacon. I can put them on, set the time, and when I am done from the shower they are perfect.

Great for appetizers for parties. We used them for quiches from the supermarket too.

As it is fairly deep, I have done a decent sized pork blade or sirlon roast. Turned out amazing. You can do steak, but I'd rather grill on the bbq or smoker.

It has a tiny foot print. Easier to clean than countertop convection ovens. Doesn't heat the room. Uses only a small electrical draw.
  • archersport
    archersport Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use mine all the time for sweet potatoe fries and breakfast potatoe hash. I have done risotto in it but we have found a pot recipe for risotto that is easy so we switched. My model has a turning paddle so it’s great for set & forget.
  • annziexo
    annziexo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love my air fryer use it every day I've cooked plenty of different types of meat in it, Just put a timer on it walk away come back and it's done!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    I use mine like a small, well insulated, aggressively fan assisted oven. It heats up more quickly than the oven and doesn't warm up the kitchen. Fries don't really taste deep fried, but using more oil than the instruction manual recommends does help. I really like it for roasting vegetables and chicken pieces. I only use my oven when I am doing a large roast or need the uneven heat of the oven, such as spatchcock chicken where the breasts stay tender in the centre of the oven while the legs cook more aggressively on the hotter perimeter.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    luvmykats wrote: »
    Does anyone use an air fryer? Would like to find some good recipes for air frying.

Me too!!! Emeril lagasse has the infomercial but I need more practical recipes
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I didn't realize you could fry air. Gotta be low in calories though.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Love mine! I make chicken breasts and hard-boiled eggs in mine all the time.

I've found you can make almost anything in it if you google it.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Basically a very small convection oven with extra air flow. Big advantage in that it doesn't heat up the entire room like the oven/broiler does and is quicker than the oven, so I use it for a lot of the things I used to use the broiler for (fish, potatoes,..) and also for a lot of the things I would otherwise have to pay attention to for quite some time in a frying pan waiting for water to burn off (frozen grilled vegetable blends, cauliflower rice,..).
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    I love mine, I use it almost daily. I don't really have a specific recipe but I cooked just about everything in there, even dessert.
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    I use it pretty much everyday for dinner .
    Chicken breast with coconut spray
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    I use mine often .. sausage stuffed mushrooms ... roast, chicken , pork loin etc ..I have an air fryer cookbook that I got off Amazon :)
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I use my air fryer for pretty much everything that can't go in the microwave. Meat, toast, fruit crisps, roasted vegetables, chile rellenos, fried avocado....all in the air fryer. I pretty much just use the stove for eggs and any pasta that isn't ready made.