Im done.

Options
I need ideas for food that is filling but very very little calories. Iv only been eating 2 times a day an orange for breakfast with water and a small piece of meat with alot of broccoli with water. I need some other ideas. I work out lightly through out the day. Jogging and sit-ups.

Replies

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    There's spreadsheets which you can sort to get calories per 100g. However, your calories already seems in the vlcdish range.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZW6TlsuGv7oQFEv8sryubIzYyQ8OFebY_1or7TYzrdY
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Try eating small portions throughout the day. Protein and veggies.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This is what 100 calories of nuts looks like.

http://www.thekitchn.com/a-visual-guide-to-100-calories-of-nuts-snack-tips-from-the-kitchn-201778

Anything is allowable as long as it fits in with your calorie goal. What is your daily calorie goal?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I need ideas for food that is filling but very very little calories. Iv only been eating 2 times a day an orange for breakfast with water and a small piece of meat with alot of broccoli with water. I need some other ideas. I work out lightly through out the day. Jogging and sit-ups.

How many total calories are you eating per day. I lost weight on 1870. Just eat more often, or eat much bigger meals.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. Are you trying to eat very few calories in total all day long or are you just looking for foods that are, individually, low in calories? The description of your daily diet makes it sound like you are eating very little and that is confusing me.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think severe restriction of this type (or advocating it) - i.e. eating just a little more very low-calorie food in addition to eating the maybe 400-500 calories you list above - is against TOS.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

The diet you've described here adds up to less than 500 calories. That's very low calorie. Is this all you're eating? Is there a reason you're aiming to eat so little and are you under medical supervision with this diet?

There are a ton of fruits and veggies other than broccoli and oranges that you could add for variety. Squash, green beans, berries, apples, cauliflower, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, carrots, parsnips, almost any kind of garden salad, radishes, etc. You could make stir fry with a whole bunch of veggies, some meat, and some basic seasonings. You could look into low calorie Buddha bowls or try making things like taco salad. It really depends on what you like to eat and what kind of goals you have. But definitely don't take your calories so low that you're hurting yourself. That's a quick way to misery, ime.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are not eating a lot of calories anyway, but I don't know what portion sizes you are eating.

As to the question about what is filling without as many calories... I spent a very long time having hanger issues. For the first 2 years of losing, I could (and occasionally did) eat 20K-30K calories on the rare day I would set aside and eat as much as I wanted. On other days, I felt like I was starving.

Now that I'm more "normal" in terms of appetite, I find that the most filling foods without as many calories are boneless/skinless chicken breast, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, pickles, tuna, egg whites, and green beans.