How many days do you hit the gym?

Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    0. Im lazy i guess. I hate gyms XD I walk often and lift at work iv just never found the desire to lift / walk literally 10-12 hours a day and then run off to a gym like itl make much difference at that point.

Side note -story time

On a dating app recently some guy called me a lieing fat whale when i said im into fitness but dont go to a gym. At this point mind you i already learned the guy has a desk job and goes to the gym for 45 minutes twice a week.
    He then went on to blow up at me and rage at me calling me a stupid moron for calling my work (walking 20-30k steps -12ish miles a day while lifting huge bulky heavy furniture up and down stairs for 10-12 hour shifts) isnt exercise and im stupid for thinkign it is and unless i go to the gym im a weak idiot who cant be into fitness LOL.

again...10-12 hours a day lifting heavy on my feet...<...45 minutes twice a week after sitting on *kitten* all day....

Was pretty funny lol

Glad you can laugh at this. It would piss me off (but then I'm not dating).

:smiley:

yeah and people wonder why im single ;D I attract winners
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    0. Im lazy i guess. I hate gyms XD I walk often and lift at work iv just never found the desire to lift / walk literally 10-12 hours a day and then run off to a gym like itl make much difference at that point.

Side note -story time

On a dating app recently some guy called me a lieing fat whale when i said im into fitness but dont go to a gym. At this point mind you i already learned the guy has a desk job and goes to the gym for 45 minutes twice a week.
    He then went on to blow up at me and rage at me calling me a stupid moron for calling my work (walking 20-30k steps -12ish miles a day while lifting huge bulky heavy furniture up and down stairs for 10-12 hour shifts) isnt exercise and im stupid for thinkign it is and unless i go to the gym im a weak idiot who cant be into fitness LOL.

again...10-12 hours a day lifting heavy on my feet...<...45 minutes twice a week after sitting on *kitten* all day....

Was pretty funny lol

You need to meet someone at the gym :)
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

Side note -story time

Was pretty funny lol

You need to meet someone at the gym :)

Ill go with you ;)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Any workout, gym or not, you gotta take at least one rest day a week. I'm forcing myself to start taking two a week, one is a total rest day and one is an active recovery day so I'll something like yoga. Your body needs to recover so you can come back stronger.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    @JaydedMiss you spelled WEINER winner :p
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    2x per week in cycling season...3x per week out of season. I'm on my bike 4-5 days per week during the season and about 3x per week during the off season.
  • ttreit
    ttreit Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Every day unless I'm out of town.

It's the only thing that works for me - otherwise it's too easy to find excuses, and if I said 4x/week and then got behind I have a problem where I feel overwhelmed. It's weird but it's actually less overwhelming for me to go every day.

My promise to myself though is that I only have to walk in the door. If I want to leave (or need to because of a crazy day) that's perfectly fine, no guilt. But for me getting there is literally 90%+ of the battle.

If I do miss a day I just tell myself that's ok - I'm not perfect but I don't make any excuses and go the next day.

I do some form of cardio every day and always have a day between lifting. I'm a very beginner lifter.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I have a gym at home and that's where the cat's letter box is, so I go to the gym several times a day to practice my "scoop and dumps".
    Seriously, I walk 5-7 miles 6 days a week, either on the treadmill, at the High School track when I also run the bleachers or out on a hike, my preferred exercise.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    @JaydedMiss you spelled WEINER winner :p

hahaha xD
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I go 4 days then off /or easy day then 4 days again rest is important
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    I have a gym at home and that's where the cat's letter box is

your cat gets letters?

i go 3 or 4 times a week with one of them being my 'club' day, but it's more about completing the lift lineup than going on specific days or a specific number of times.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    3-5 days a week.
  • Burton_Bmc
    Burton_Bmc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    To be short, 6-7 days. I know I should take rest
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I go 5 days week before work - 3 days I am doing Spartan workouts and the other 2 are running days. My workouts are important to me because they boost my mood - I have a high emotion/low activity job as a therapist - so unless I am sick, I go. Weekends are free, but I do enough house work that I am still fairly active.
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday.. I do Aquafit 6 days a week and I also lift weights and do full body workout DVDS.
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    5 days sometimes 6 depends have been lifting quite heavy lately
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've just started a 5 day M-F routine (started last week), but I got sick last week and missed Friday...full 5 days this week though. I lift M, W, F and I do 30 min of cardio all 5 days.
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Swim 3-4x, gym 2-3x. I try and bike, hike, walk or play at the park with the family on my off days.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    3 days (full body); I never do cardio at the gym.