Do you just use MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I use Libra to track my weight (it does trend analysis and evens out rogue data points) and MapMyFitness to track my runs/cycling.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Apple Health isn't good for much except viewing data gathered from other sources. It's a hub, but it's not a developed health and fitness app in the sense of MFP or Lifesum or anything like that. btw I tried Lifesum and it's pretty but awful to use.

I use my Apple Watch and the Apple suite of apps (Health and Activity) for everything. I do have some other apps I use informationally, including the Fitbit app as although I moved on from FB to AW I still have the Alta scale. I also have a heart rate zones app that gives me a better look at workout profiles than the Apple apps. Apart from that it's random little things like a water tracker and interval timer and stuff like that.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    MossiO wrote: »
    For apps, I use MFP, Fitbit, C25k, Libra, Runkeeper, Beachbody on Demand, Simple Notes Calendar (to track all workouts), and Walk to Mordor cause it's fun. And Reddit /r/loseit.

Surely this is too much.

Reason it out though - MFP is like the hub that collects info from Fitbit where steps are tracked. C25k is its own thing and runkeeper probably just gives a better/different overview of the runs. Libra tracks weight trends, BB is workouts to do. In the absence of a bougie wearable this is a modest collection of tracking apps.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I will chime in....

I think that whatever floats your boat - do that!

If using just one tool - and that is all these 'things' are, tools - works best for you then use just one tool. Whatever tool that might be. I find that mfp does not work so well for me so I do not use it for anything (other than the forums).

If using several apps that compliment each other works best for you then do that.

Just like pretty much everything, we are all different and we all respond well to different things. The key is knowing what works best for you. If you need to experiment for a few weeks to "know" then by all means experiment.

I would think that being consistent would be key. Adherence would be the most important thing, though.
  • theyoginurse
    theyoginurse Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use MFP. I am with Weight Watchers but not Tracking there and feel tired of their Connect feature, so just staying here. I have coaching through WW so I’ll stay for however long I need it. I use Happy Scale to see the weight trends. My FitBit was giving me trouble synching on here. Going to try again tomorrow. I agree with the other poster who said why make it more difficult. I want to keep things simple this time!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    Nothing else to track my food intake (I don't have that kind of time!)

But I do use Strava to track my exercise.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    MFP food logging helped me lose the 30 pounds I needed to reach my goal weight. I am certain that MFP is the only thing I really needed to lose weight.

However, I bought a digital scale, loaded Couch25K, Map My Walk, and Happy Scale apps onto my phone. Not really necessary, but they're fun.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    MossiO wrote: »
    For apps, I use MFP, Fitbit, C25k, Libra, Runkeeper, Beachbody on Demand, Simple Notes Calendar (to track all workouts), and Walk to Mordor cause it's fun. And Reddit /r/loseit.

Surely this is too much.

Why? They all do different things.
  • carmy7850
    carmy7850 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log online tools in Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique also. Two reasons that work for me..I dont just want to be below my calories in MFP and not eating healthier choices.I am doomed to fail eating candy,loaded pizzas etc. 2. Simply Filling has so many zero choices that are filling and I will adapt any recipe or create one to be zero or close to it. What's great about MFP I can see my daily calories ,fat ,sugar etc at a glance to plan accordingly and MFP friends -the great support we give each other! 93530319.png