Cold cereal lovers

Options

Replies

• AlistairBernardNormal
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Ima let you finish but we all know that Reese's Puffs are the best cereal of all time.

I mean...it is very, very good. Best of all time? I'm going to have to do some research, I think.

I mean how can it be Resse's puffs? They don't even have a manic wild eyed cartoon character selling you their product...unless you count E.T, but he phoned and went home ages ago.

It's also discounting the mad genius of the person who decided Marshmallow Blasted Fruit Loops was a thing we needed to have.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is Pumpkin spice frosted mini wheats.

I eat it as a snack, no milk.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »
    abi111 wrote: »
    sultana bran. for taste. i just have it with full fat yogurt to meet my nutitional goals.

I would have to see this cereal box...never heard of it. Is it available in US?

I'm assuming Sultana Bran is the same thing that's usually labeled Raisin Bran. Having married someone who grew up in a totally different place than I did, we've had the Raisin or Sultana discussion many times.

bc I was curious...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultana_(grape) & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raisin
    oo8fe1r915ea.png
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    100g of special flakes with 300ml full fat milk and a scoop of whey protein.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I love cereal. I happen to eat Special K blueberry with lemon clusters because I got a free box through a promotion at the grocery store. Not sure what I'll do next. I eat cereal on Saturdays before my long run because I know I'll have the calories for the serving size I want. I'm thinking Raisin Bran or Frosted Mini Wheats will be next.
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Whats your fave cold cereal since MFP?
    Taste or nutritional?

Always Cheerios - before and after MFP. But, winter in Montana, it's mostly hot cereals - Oat Meal, Cream of Wheat and Rice for me.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I used to love peanut butter crunch, but these days I mostly have oatmeal or very rarely muesli. I wish pb crunch was more filling
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love Honey Bunches of Oats, with a banana.
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wheaties <3
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Regular Special K Protein
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    edit: Anyone else begining to find the word cereal weird

It's almost surreal.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I eat cereal and milk for dessert now. I need to eat a big bowl, like 2 servings at least, to fill me up, so it's a no go for breakfast. I can eat 1 or 1.5 servings as a nighttime snack and don't have to worry about it sticking with me.

Lately I've been gravitating to Cinnamon Life and Lucky Charms, but right now I'm enjoying a store-brand version of Honey Bunches of Oats.

OMG you are my cereal soul mate! Having a huge bowl of "kids" cereal with icy cold skim milk is my ultimate dessert! This is what I treat myself with...it's my favorite comfort food. I ate, like, 3 bowls of Lucky Charms this weekend.

My faves are: Frosted Flakes, Captain Crunch with Crunchberries, Corn Pops, Honey Crisp, Apple Jacks, Froot Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Life is also a huge favorite.

I effing love cereal!!

I also happen to eat a bowl of boring original Cheerios for breakfast every day with a cut up banana in it every morning.
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I eat cereal and milk for dessert now. I need to eat a big bowl, like 2 servings at least, to fill me up, so it's a no go for breakfast. I can eat 1 or 1.5 servings as a nighttime snack and don't have to worry about it sticking with me.

Lately I've been gravitating to Cinnamon Life and Lucky Charms, but right now I'm enjoying a store-brand version of Honey Bunches of Oats.

OMG you are my cereal soul mate! Having a huge bowl of "kids" cereal with icy cold skim milk is my ultimate dessert! This is what I treat myself with...it's my favorite comfort food. I ate, like, 3 bowls of Lucky Charms this weekend.

My faves are: Frosted Flakes, Captain Crunch with Crunchberries, Corn Pops, Honey Crisp, Apple Jacks, Froot Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Life is also a huge favorite.

I effing love cereal!!

I also happen to eat a bowl of boring original Cheerios for breakfast every day with a cut up banana in it every morning.

I forgot about Corn Pops. I might be making a few purchases this weekend.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Not HoneyCrisp cereal...I mean Honey Smacks. Do you remember how Seinfeld always had a huge row of cereal boxes in his house. Before MFP that was my house. When I go to the grocery store now, I just stand in the cereal aisle and dream about cheat days.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Granola/ museli topped with greek yogurt and fresh fruit....yum!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    eb74754f-d053-46b6-9f94-8f78cb648fa3_1.48cb6d913d610799e169f42beca64ff2.png?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    91FqgAG3xfL._SY679_.jpg

I wish Aldis would make a version of this granola
  • raspuller
    raspuller Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Special K original. I have to keep added sugar to a minimum so pretty much anything in a box or package has to be less tha 12g of sugar per serving for me. Milk and fruit sugars don’t bother me, it’s just the cane, corn, and other processed sugars. It’s also relatively low in calories, as far as cereals go.

That being said, I only eat it 1-2 a week (sometimes for dinner).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ugh, I have a love for cereal. I never have for breakfast, usually as snack or dessert. My favorites are....

Honey comb
    Honey nut cheerios
    Peanut butter puffs/peanut butter bumpers
    Donut crunch
    Golden grahams
    Fruit loops
    Lucky charms
    Honey smacks
    Chocolate krave
    Nutter butter cereal
    Oreo cereal

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Oh man do I love cereal! I've been eating Kellogg's Special K Blueberry with Lemon Clusters on long run days. I like the Van's cinnamon cereal--tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but it's gluten free (hubby has celiac). I also like all the Chex cereals, and pretty much all cereal. Can't say I've ever really had a cereal I didn't like.

I eat Fiber One or All Bran Buds just about every day in my yogurt. Otherwise, cereal is a rare and special treat or dessert.