Food locker?

2»

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Hi, elphie. A combination of (1) serious food allergies that limit what you can eat, (2) labels that aren't always observed and (3) a tight budget make the food locker a really creative idea.
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    I have small totes for snacks. Mine in one his in another. Makes grabbing food for meal prep super easy and I get to keep my mini reeses hidden under fruit cups and he knows which stuff to grab at 4am.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Ha, neither my husband nor I deliberately eat food one or the other of us has designated "mine!" for whatever reason, but we suck at communicating. Sometimes I'll be thinking all day about some leftovers I plan on having for dinner only to find he's eaten them for lunch because I never mentioned my intentions. Or like this weekend, when someone gave us a precious box of bakery gf biscotti which I intended to save for Thanksgiving. I told him this very clearly in my head. Unfortunately I forgot to say it out loud...
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I know that you have a non-traditional living arrangement, but I seem to remember that you have "family meetings" fairly often? Have you surfaced your concerns with your SOs? Rather than jumping straight to locking up your food--have you considered separate bins for each of you and rationing the snacks? That's what my mom used to do for me and my siblings when we were ravenous teenagers... Never mind that my brother would eat an entire bag of candy bars--if I ate the last one I was accused of "eating them all."