MFP'ers who make crafty stuff... show us!

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I finally finished this thing!

fyhbwgb2uoh1.jpg

That is really good !

Do you make money off of them if not you should !

Thanks! And no, a lot of people don't want to pay the prices most of us would have to charge for the work that goes into these. I mostly do it for relaxation and to make things for people I care about.

I've considered writing down patterns and selling the instructions to those, though. That's where most of the money is, lol.

Do you make up your own patterns as well?

Sometimes. I like to follow other patterns (because there are some AMAZING patterns out there), but I also like to make charts for my own. Specifically with intarsia or double stranded knitting. Tedious, but somehow satisfying. :)

I admire your skills both at illustration and knitting...I wonder what other talents you may have!!

I love that multi coloured sweater, and the table cloth is beautiful.

I like knitted things that are "holey" I think they are really pretty. All my favourite sweaters are "holey".

Lace patterning. :) It does make for a much more interesting sweater or cardigan, I agree. Can be a pain in the butt to knit if you don't keep track of the repeats, though. Still, way more interesting to knit than straight knit/purl. :D

I really like to do stuff like this:

4t8qprxd718p.jpg

Again, it can get tedious, though. That's usually why I'm working on multiple things at once.
  • KosmosKitten
    I am resurrecting this thread with... a doily. :D My poinsettia plant needed some pizazz, so I took a break from one project to crochet this up in an afternoon. :)

2q5nkeoi0oy9.jpg
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    I am resurrecting this thread with... a doily. :D My poinsettia plant needed some pizazz, so I took a break from one project to crochet this up in an afternoon. :)

2q5nkeoi0oy9.jpg

I love all your work. My grandma tried teaching me but I didn't care much for it. She's gone now but I wished I had learned this from her.
  • KosmosKitten
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

2q5nkeoi0oy9.jpg

I love all your work. My grandma tried teaching me but I didn't care much for it. She's gone now but I wished I had learned this from her.

I learned from my grandma (also gone now) and my step-mom. Someone had to carry on her ability since no one else in our family picked it up, lol.
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    I’m making slouchy hats. Pretty simple. That’s me. In the green. Not the model in the beard lol.

Next up I’m going to make the bears/hat combo.

Not too fabulous seeing what others here are doing but I’m happy with it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    kjvutj15d6bv.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    kjvutj15d6bv.jpg

Whoa, this is super cool! What exactly is this?
  • jennifer_417
    kjvutj15d6bv.jpg

Thanks, lol! It's a wall hanging. I used yarn and plastic canvas.
  • KosmosKitten
    kjvutj15d6bv.jpg

Did you just thread it through with a yarn needle to make the design or was it part of a kit like the yarn tatting things I see in craft stores?
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    lxiblmka6rvo.jpg

I'm a knitter and crocheter. This is a blanket I made for my Russian buddy who requested a folk art firebird blanket for his second child.
  • jennifer_417
    kjvutj15d6bv.jpg

Did you just thread it through with a yarn needle to make the design or was it part of a kit like the yarn tatting things I see in craft stores?

No, I did it free hand with yarn.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Something :D minor out of boredom. I sure do love sushi, hahaha :blush:
    g5f6pw9mrgyo.jpg

Super cute! :D
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Something minor out of boredom. I sure do love sushi, hahaha :blush:
    g5f6pw9mrgyo.jpg

So cute!
  • KosmosKitten
    2c1k1vafqe70.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    2c1k1vafqe70.jpg

That's gorgeous!
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have a business transferring recipes to plates. It's been a great way for me to work from home and have the flexibility to be with my kids.

[edited by mods]