Black Beans!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    Never tried to cook them from scratch!!!! The canned ones are good additions to some recipes. I may try some of you guy's suggestions as well because they sounded so good!!!! Good thing my son likes beans too!!!! :)
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Love them! I warm them up in a pot, add some cajun and pepper and put them over rice. Great lunch to eat!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Do you all cook your black beans from scratch, or do you use canned? If you use canned, can you recommend a brand? Thanks!

I use Eden Organic no salt added brand. Only 15 mg of sodium per 1/2 cup and 110 cals. You can add any kind of shredded cheese or grated parmesan/romano cheese for a more savory flavor without adding too much salt.

A nice a different breakfast is: one of two eggs "fried" on PAM on top 1/2 of black beans, drained if canned, mixed with 1/2 of cooked quinoa. Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese on top and enjoy!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I love black beans! Best thing ever!!
  • OrganicNotes
    Options
    I love Black Beans! Absolutely adore them. Black Bean Salads are some of my favorites, with diced poblano peppers, onions, sweet bell peppers, cilantro, and tossed with a spicy chili vinaigrette! Light + Fresh + All Natural.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I love making black bean chicken chili.

I've used them in salads with guacamole and skipped the salad dressing. That works great.
  • 311pilgrims
    Options
    Black beans are amazing. I can eat them right out of the can (or Tupperware, if I had to cook them myself)!

I eat beans out of the can all the time too! I even like refried black beans refrigerated out of the can too haha I thought I was weird :) I love kidney beans the most, black beans second!
    I love putting beans on salads or mixing them with rice and salsa.