Sandwich Poll

Options
beingmore1
beingmore1 Posts: 3,131 Member
Describe your perfect sandwich.
What kind of bread? Meat? Cheese? Condiments? Hot? Cold? Round, square? Sub? Shredded meat or deli? Lettuce? Dish on the details. We must know.

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Potato bread, pepper jack cheese, roast beef, and spicy brown mustard.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Multi grain bread, crispy chicken, 3 slices of bacon, pepper jack cheese, honey mustard, lettuce, tomato, dill pickle slices

Put it on a sub maybe. Idk
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Turkey, bacon, tomato, avacado, pepperjack on wheat and toasted
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Hot pastrami on sourdough with sharp cheddar, bacon, and a fried egg...and maybe a tomato to cover the vegetable kingdom
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Tough choice.
    Rye bread, thousand island dressing, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, corned beef. Grilled.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Today would be a Pickle Sandwich. A pickle between two slices of pickle with relish, topped with a.....
    a habanero pepper
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    The bacon chicken cheddar sub from Cousin's.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Hot dog.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Hot dog.

That's a taco.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I think it would be tie between:

BLT - must be extra crispy bacon, tomato fresh from the garden, on semi-thinly sliced toasted sourdough

PBJ on whole wheat

Apparently I like sandwiches with initials. :)
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese, tomato and black pepper on whole wheat toast.
    or
    Cream cheese with fresh blueberries on whole grain toast. (I like this for bfast)
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese. No fancy stuff.

Just two pieces of fresh, homemade fluffy white bread crammed full of cheese and fried in butter. I like a good aged cheddar, personally.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Multi grain bread, homemade pepper relish, fairly thick, sharp cheddar to cover the bread, buttered on both outer surfaces, and slowly grilled. Best if eaten with a nice hot bowl of homemade roast tomato soup.

Makes a Wisconsin winter evening much more pleasant!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    The Elvis. The king of all sandwiches.

Absolutely. Which Wich used to have an ElvisWich that was my favorite thing of all time. Peanut butter, banana, honey, and bacon. On a toasted roll so the peanut butter gets kind of melty - OMG. I drool.

It's not on the menu anymore, but they still have all of those ingredients, most of the time, so if you get the right dude at the counter, you, too, can probably get an ElvisWich.
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    I'm also really fond of a Vietnamese sandwich at a hole-in-the-wall place around here. The shredded chicken is seasoned just right and the juices make the bread kind of soggy, and the shredded carrots are just the right amount of almost-sweet.

And look, there are days when a standard PB&J is the only thing that really hits the spot.
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    I can't believe I didn't even mention, given that we're so close - that I live for leftover turkey sandwiches. Kind of a lot of mayo, turkey, white bread. A little cranberry sauce if I'm feeling it (but only between the turkey slices, because the cranberry canNOT touch the bread.