Vinyl Lovers... Show us what you're listening to!!

Options
13»

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    ziq3xl337sy9.jpeg

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Is the supposed sound quality improvement of vinyl worth the loss of convenience of an mp3 on an iPhone you can listen to anywhere?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Is the supposed sound quality improvement of vinyl worth the loss of convenience of an mp3 on an iPhone you can listen to anywhere?

it's a different animal.

listening to vinyl is far more deliberate and interactive.

for just background noise, mp3 is fine.

.... and yes, the quality of analog music is much better.

Some say it's warmer but I tend to think of it as more open and musical.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    ziq3xl337sy9.jpeg

mad re5pext.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Oh - I just carry an LP player with me. Have to jog really smoothly so the record doesn’t skip but well worth it.

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Gonna chill with some Tallest Man on Earth tracks. :D

qwo4ckp9avrs.jpg
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

it's a different animal.

listening to vinyl is far more deliberate and interactive.

for just background noise, mp3 is fine.

.... and yes, the quality of analog music is much better.

Some say it's warmer but I tend to think of it as more open and musical.

Exactly what @Motorsheen said.

If you're going for a walk or in the car or in the kitchen and just want something to listen to, then anything works. Vinyl is a pastime.

As I've said before, I won't buy just anything on vinyl. There are a lot of albums and artists I like, but only some albums are "worthy" enough for me to get them on vinyl. They're albums I know I will sit down and listen to and do nothing else.

And yes, the sound quality is better. It's bigger... if that makes sense. Music on vinyl always sounds - to me - like I'm in the room while they're recording.
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    I have eclectic taste..it's Sunday and I'm working from home :|

mu1fjhdywces.jpg

OMG. I grew up listening to that Trio album with my mom. What a set of voices!!! :)
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Anyone else here collect vinyls from concerts they've attended? I saw these guys in concert (along with Tallest Man on Earth) and they were phenomenal. Berkeley was an excellent outside venue, too. :)

5ss7batz1wng.jpg

I need to check these guys out. I keep seeing this name pop up. It's about time I give them a listen.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here collect vinyls from concerts they've attended? I saw these guys in concert (along with Tallest Man on Earth) and they were phenomenal. Berkeley was an excellent outside venue, too. :)

5ss7batz1wng.jpg

I need to check these guys out. I keep seeing this name pop up. It's about time I give them a listen.

I can say they were amazing in concert and the vinyls reflect a lot of that quality that you just don't seem to get with CD/MP3. :)

I decided to go a little bit old school today. Two of my favorite albums of all time.

mgzd59tk412i.jpg