Peanut butter, 1 of my 4 weaknesses

Options
How much is too much peanut butter a day?

Replies

• Daddymonte
    Daddymonte Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    What is....to much peanutbutter...?

No but for real i got peanut flour and make my own by adding a tiny bit of salt and sweetner and water. yummy. Works perfect in smoothies to. Way more protein lower fat and way less calories lol. Pus i can then flavor it however i want...

I dunno as a small female the tiny amoutn of peanutbutter i could eat wasnt even worth it, Till i discovered this. Mmmmm

edit- The feels when i edit it and still mess it up super bad. Will leave it and walk away in shame

Is there a difference in taste?

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    monteshot wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    What is....to much peanutbutter...?

No but for real i got peanut flour and make my own by adding a tiny bit of salt and sweetner and water. yummy. Works perfect in smoothies to. Way more protein lower fat and way less calories lol. Pus i can then flavor it however i want...

I dunno as a small female the tiny amoutn of peanutbutter i could eat wasnt even worth it, Till i discovered this. Mmmmm

edit- The feels when i edit it and still mess it up super bad. Will leave it and walk away in shame

Is there a difference in taste?

I mean...obviously. Its peanutbutter with the fat removed lol. But its minimal to me considering how much more i get xD More peanutty iv learned to prefer it ...especially good in smoothies.

You bad influence i made a snack lol. Atleast its only 50 calories XD Honestly its amazing being able to eat heaping spoonfulls of PB for 50 with 8g protein calories hah.

e62f2ujjlf8e.jpg

• healthyamyb
    healthyamyb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have no control with nut butters either....almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter.... I will often eat most of the jar jar with just a spoon. I try not to buy peanut butter more than once a month because I will eat the whole jar within a week (and increase my calories significantly).
    Nuts are a healthy source of fat (and have a slight value of protein in them as well). I would look at the amount peanut butter you are eating versus your entire daily macros to determine how much is too much for yourself. I think in general it is part of a healthy diet. (I would also look at the ingredients in your peanut butter: is it just peanuts and salt or are there added oils?)
    I also like subbing in the powdered peanut butter in my recipes that call for peanut butter. It's easier to measure and doesn't taste any different. It tastes just okay on a sandwich. The powdered peanut butter is essentially peanuts that they roast and dry, and then they press all of the fat out (which lowers the overall calories per serving and fat per serving). I also find the powdered peanut butter lasts a little longer in my cupboard because I have better self control with it :)
  • Daddymonte
    Daddymonte Posts: 24 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I mean...obviously. Its peanutbutter with the fat removed lol. But its minimal to me considering how much more i get xD More peanutty iv learned to prefer it especially in smoothies.

You bad influence i made a snack lol. Atleast its only 50 calories XD Honestly its amazing being able to eat heaping spoonfulls of PB for 50 calories hah.

e62f2ujjlf8e.jpg

[/quote]

Interesting..... I️ make about 2 smoothies a day...
    I️ too want peanut butter now but I️ shall wait for tomorrow.... maybe

• sparks9777
    sparks9777 Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Try peanut butter powder it has 90% less fat. It only has 50 calories per 2 tbsp
    Google peanut butter powder
    Put some of the powderon a spoon. You will swear you dipped into the skippy jar
  • sparks9777
    sparks9777 Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter powder mixed into oatmeal and a smashed banana
    Makes oatmeat taste good
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Can't we just call it by a brand? It's PB2.

You can also get powdered peanutbutter at bulk stores like bulk barn

not when thts specifically what im voting against haha

edit to add- yum PB2 though lol
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    PB2 is good.. however.. not the flavored ones.. I got excited about banana.. nope. They made strawberry and grape too... couldn't imagine.. chocolate pb2 tastes the same as regular but it's lower sodium.

I've never eaten peanut flour. Lol
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017
    Options
    PB2 is good.. however.. not the flavored ones.. I got excited about banana.. nope. They made strawberry and grape too... couldn't imagine.. chocolate pb2 tastes the same as regular but it's lower sodium.

I've never eaten peanut flour. Lol

PB2 is just peanut flour with salt and sugar added lol. Peanut flour on its own is cheaper and i can make like cinnamon bun pb or pb and chocolate or make it sweeter or less sweet or whatever. Takes 2 seconds more thn PB2 to make i just prefer the customization and deeper peanutty flavor when i add less sweetner XD Never tried the banana flavor glad im not missing much

seriously go look into peanut flour and remember when price comparing that pb2 is cut with sweetner and salt and peanut flour isnt. SO much more for so much less lol

Really gona be sad when everyone realizes and prices go up :(
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    Ahh.. cinnamon would be good.

I bought those jif to go things but for 180 calories I found them pointless.. same as when I buy normal peanut butter. Not worth dirtying my mouth on.
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017
    Options
    yeah no id never waste that many calories even when i hadnt discovered PB2/peanut flour lol. Broke my heart. So glad these options exist lol

Thismorning i made 2 big mason jars of 170g of spinach and 30g peanut flour and a scoop of stevia and every sip tasted like thick nutty melted peanutbutter for 180 calories total. Just saying
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    All this peanut butter talk is making me hungry... boyfriend has me pinned under his arm and is snoring.. sure wish the fridge would come to me.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    You blended it with nothing else but that?