Exercising how long should I wait.

Options
2»

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hope you feel good after your walk! All the best!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    What are these people saying wait 3-4 hours pointing to as possible side effects?????

It's a 3 or 4 hour rest interval, then you do some walking. Haven't you heard of HIIT?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    aeloine wrote: »
    Oops sorry everyone after eating

Is a hour and half good some say 3 to 4 hours you should wait.

your walking...?

Was just asking to make sure if it was different from working out, its mostly my exercise everyday due to having 2 brain tumors and medical reason. I can't workout

I think it all depends on how you feel. I would say most people are 100% fine doing any sort of workout directly after eating. I have seen mention of studies showing walking directly after a meal can help digestion and improve blood sugar levels so if anything it's more likely to be beneficial than harmful.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »

Was just asking to make sure if it was different from working out, its mostly my exercise everyday due to having 2 brain tumors and medical reason. I can't workout [/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that and I'm not a Dr., but have you gotten a second opinion about that? Working out is massively beneficial to physical health, including the brain. I don't know your specifics but if a Dr told me not to workout, he/she better explain why or I'm getting a second opinion.

Wish you a full recovery![/quote]

Thanks, I am hoping to soon just have to find right med to prevent seizure. I just wanted to make sure what is the right time to wait to have extra calories to burn due to lifestyle.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    We always take our dog for a walk soon after breakfast. It's usually about 2-3 miles. Aside from an urgent need to pee after 4 cups of coffee when we do a longer walk, I've never had a problem. When I was backpacking regularly, we ate, walked for several hours, ate, walked again for several hours. No problem.

As a runner, if I'm running soon after breakfast or lunch, I will usually wait an hour if it's a short run (one hour or less) or an hour and a half if it's a long run (10 miles or more). In that case, I've occasionally had stomach issues that taught me how long a wait I need. Partly it depends on what I eat. With a light meal I can run sooner. If it's a heavy meal, no amount of time may completely make it good.
  • 4queen_t
    4queen_t Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    When i can i like to do cardio on an empty stomache, or wait at least three hours after i eat. And then wait an hour to eat after i finish my cardio workout.. Helps to burn more calories.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Walk when you want.