Was called a whale yesterday

Options
Hi! My name is Amanda and I have been battling with my weight since I had my first son 10 years ago. When I sit back and think that I let myself go to this point it makes me sick to my stomach. I had one child after another and gained almost a hundred pounds each from both of them. Here I am now at 380 lb and struggling with fun activities I want to do with my children. Not to mention being fat-shamed and called things like a whale on Facebook on the daily from people I don't know. It really brings down your self-esteem and makes you sometimes feel like you don't even want to live anymore. Here I am 30 years old with really a great life. We own our house our car I have been married for five years and my children are 9 and 10. I run a successful business and my husband loves me unconditionally. Even though I have such a great life the one thing holding me back the most is my weight. I can't ride rides with the kids when we go on vacation I can't run around in the backyard with them and play football, and I get out of breath even walking up the stairs to kiss them goodnight. I have been on my fitness pal for a long time but just yesterday for restarted my journey. I want to live and even better life than what I am now. I want to be able to shop in the regular section at the store. I want to be able to buy an awesome pair of tall boots that will fit around my swollen ankles. I want to roll around in the snow and build a snowman with my kids. I'm on here opening myself up like this because I feel like I need more people backing me up so that I can succeed. my only support is my husband and while i love him and is so grateful for him, i really need some friends to help push me! Thank you for reading!

Replies

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    First welcome and I know it is hard, but do not let what other people say effect you. The reasons why you should be taking this journey is that YOU want it for YOU. As I always say it took years to put on this weight so you cannot expect it to just melt off.

Have you had any blood tests to determine things like A1C and cholesterol? My A1C is fine but since 2009 my Cholesterol has been high 249 last time.

You CAN do this and why, look at some of the success posts here. It is about changing your lifestyle and then letting your body do its thing. Dont try to exercise to much at first cause you dont want to hurt yourself and have a set back.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I sent you a friend request and a message. :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    First of all you can set your Facebook settings so only your family and friends can see ur posts. Second it sounds like you know the answer. You are at the right place. The same effort you put into your successful business and family life is the same effort you need to put into YOU! Baby steps one day at a time. You can get to where u want to be. It's not coming off overnight. Be patient and enjoy the journey.

Good luck!
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Maybe set your FB to private. People can be so harsh. I'm sorry you've had such an awful experience.
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I wish you a happy journey to get where you want to be. Cut out the folks who are insulting. Ignore the people who can't help but make an *kitten* of themselves by attempting to shame someone else (they do it in hopes of making themselves feel better). Those people are just looking for targets, don't be one by reacting to them.

FWIW, and as an FYI a whale is also a term for online gamers who have lots of $$$ to buy anything they want. Not how we hear it used around here, but just wanted to spread a little info.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have nothing more to add to what the other posters have said above; they are all spot on.
    But I can offer encouragement and support if you need it!

I just don't understand mean people; they must be miserable....sorry that happened to you.