l4dy0nyx wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    How exactly do you think exercise will work fat as opposed to working muscles?

Well... what do you mean? Like... I'm doing it wrong? Is that what you're saying?

Yes.
    You can't exercise fat, it's just a fuel store and you don't get to choose where you body will take it from when you are in an energy deficit anymore than you can choose to use fuel from the top right hand side of your car's fuel tank!

You can target certain muscles of course (which may not be a great training plan...) but that's not going to remove the fat over those particular muscles.

True... but I'm looking to build muscle in those areas first... muscle burns fat for sure tho...
    Not like you're thinking it does.

Well... my body has made great changes so far... I'm not looking to lose weight I just want to gain muscle. My methods show proof, I'm just looking for advice for this specific thing, but if I don't hear anything im,interested in, I'm just going to continue doing what im doing. Lol.

You asked for advice not affirmation of completely inaccurate ideas about human physiology.

And your point would be.....????

My point is you asked for advice and you got advice from people who have bothered to educate themselves. Completely up to you if you want to hold on to your beliefs or question those beliefs.

Yea... but I'm trying to figure out what's the problem.... lol. Like... did I miss something? Lol.

Call it cutting instead of dieting - two words that both mean calorie deficit.
    If you don't like calorie deficit - call it energy deficit.

Ok
  • l4dy0nyx
    l4dy0nyx Posts: 45 Member
    CJ_Holmes wrote: »
    The other thing you can do is arrange your schedule so that you are able to sleep about 12 hours each night. That will give you less time to eat, more time for recovery, and will be good for your stress hormones. Less painful that dieting, probably inconvenient if you have friends or family.

Well... I work In a warehouse and I work 11 hour shifts with only an hour break... does that count? Don't really get to eat much... lol
  • l4dy0nyx
    Thanks guys
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Ronnie Coleman is famous for saying “Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody want to lift no heavy-a** weights.”

Just as true is "Everybody wants to be lean and have definition but nobody wants to eat at a deficit."

So true ...

#1 exercise for getting lean/cut - body weight horizontal triceps extensions
  • StatsGuy99
    StatsGuy99 Posts: 35 Member
    Dieting/cutting doesn't require salads. I like referring to my 1 lb ribeye as "diet food" to annoy my wife.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Ronnie Coleman is famous for saying “Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody want to lift no heavy-a** weights.”

Just as true is "Everybody wants to be lean and have definition but nobody wants to eat at a deficit."

Well... I've been doing the bulk n cut method for about 3 years now... I kinda want to try something a little different. Not too much... but slightly... and I just want some new workouts to build that muscle in my abs and inner thighs before I think about cutting really... I know I'm almost there... I just want to make my stomach MUSCLES permanent and my inner thighs flawless along with the minor back fat... I mean...

I guess I just hate the idea of dieting when I lost 60lbs in 4 months without it... I just go hard and put in the work. Also... i,don't even like to call it "dieting" I just kinda like to try to eat according to my physical goals... lol.

I think this is a great way to put it. Your current physical goals require you eat a few less calories per day than your body uses, maybe 250 calories or so.

BUT damn it! THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD! WHAT'S THE BEST FOODS TO EAT TO STAY AT 250 CAL?!?!?!? OMG... HELP! IS THIS PER MEAL? OR PER DAY???

250 calories below your maintenance. So if you maintain at 2200 calories (pulling a number out of thin air), eat 1950/day.
  • l4dy0nyx
    StatsGuy99 wrote: »
    Dieting/cutting doesn't require salads. I like referring to my 1 lb ribeye as "diet food" to annoy my wife.

Lol

This discussion has been closed.