What's your favorite healthy snack?

Options
serahtoms
serahtoms Posts: 20 Member
Hi guys! I'm new here and I struggle with snacking healthy-ly and need ideas lol. What healthy snack do you like eating, either store bought or home made!?
Ps: how do you post gifs on here?

Replies

• cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi

It really depends on why you are snacking and which weight loss program suits you - keto or low fat or just cutting back on calories over all. I think snacks that suit the healthiest version of your favourite diet are the ones that work best.
    The obvious, easy ones are fresh fruit if you need some sugar or veg - carrot, cucumber, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes etc if you want to graze.
    I love Itsu seaweed thins - great iodine and salt if you've done a work out, and only 22 cals a packet.
    Some cold roast chicken is good if you are hungry.
    Edamame bean pots are good - about 100 calories and very satisfying.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Almonds
  • serahtoms
    Options
    cherys wrote: »
    Hi

It really depends on why you are snacking and which weight loss program suits you - keto or low fat or just cutting back on calories over all. I think snacks that suit the healthiest version of your favourite diet are the ones that work best.
    The obvious, easy ones are fresh fruit if you need some sugar or veg - carrot, cucumber, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes etc if you want to graze.
    I love Itsu seaweed thins - great iodine and salt if you've done a work out, and only 22 cals a packet.
    Some cold roast chicken is good if you are hungry.

Hey! Those are great ideas. I love seaweed and roast chicken. Thanks for the ideas!!
  • Armywife04_21
    Armywife04_21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Light & fit Greek yogurt (12g of protein!), Nature Valley granola cups or the bars, regular almonds, dark chocolate covered almonds, light sargento cheese stick, pistachios, protein powder (just add water), special k cereal (dry) for munchin, skinny popcorn, halo top ice cream (only 80c for .5 cup)....
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I love homemade fruit rollups or deer jerky.
  • serahtoms
    Options
    I love homemade fruit rollups or deer jerky.

deer jerky sounds interesting!! lol where do you get it from?
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Schwan's Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt! A half-cup (72 g) serving is 120 calories. I pre-log my meals and snacks so I stay within my planned calorie count.
    ujg04415q40a.jpg

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas, carrots + hummus, peppers + hummus (Oasis tomato bruschetta hummus is only 35 cals for 2 TBSP!) Lesser evil popcorn, a serving or two of cereal, really anything I can make under 250 cals is what I fit in as a snack.
  • alomartinezv
    alomartinezv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, now i love love love a mix of greek yogurt O%, almond milk and some cinnamon, vainilla, little nutmeg and all mix together. Put in you fridge until looks like an ice creAm. I top
    It with sliced almond and this is one of my fav snack these days :)
  • serahtoms
    Options
    OHFlamingo wrote: »
    Schwan's Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt! A half-cup (72 g) serving is 120 calories. I pre-log my meals and snacks so I stay within my planned calorie count.
    ujg04415q40a.jpg

Ohh!! Prelogging is a great idea!!
  • serahtoms
    Options
    Well, now i love love love a mix of greek yogurt O%, almond milk and some cinnamon, vainilla, little nutmeg and all mix together. Put in you fridge until looks like an ice creAm. I top
    It with sliced almond and this is one of my fav snack these days :)

Sounds so good
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Simple for me.......hard boiled eggs! I crave them!
  • bosswitch
    bosswitch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving something sweet then it's oatmeal with cinnamon baked apples and hemp seeds in the summer. In the winter I typically use berries instead of apples. A whole lot fibre leaves me feeling full for so long

If I'm craving something savory then I'll have seaweed, or sweet potatoe/arrowroot either plain or with some meat or veggies

Geez, I'm getting a bit hungry...
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is a hard boiled egg.
    It's low calorie, low carb, has plenty of protein, and knocks down my hunger.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Flavored Greek or Icelandic yogurt with a couple tablespoons of granola mixed in; Dr. Kraker Pumpkin Seed & Cheddar with cheese or cottage cheese or hummus; an apple or pear; a handful of mixed nuts or almonds; smoothie made with protein powder, frozen fruit, and unsweetened almond milk; a little plate with mixed olives, cherry tomatoes, cornichons, and other veggies if I have them.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    cherys wrote: »

I like edamame - what's a bean pot?
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I love trail mix or handful of almonds