Pregnancy with PCOS

Options
hi all, any of you have pcos? Or had a baby whilst having pcos?

Replies

• running_in_tiaras
    running_in_tiaras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with pcos at 16 and have had two children. I conceived my first by losing weight and my second with clomid and metformin.
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    asykers wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with pcos at 16 and have had two children. I conceived my first by losing weight and my second with clomid and metformin.

Thanks for your story, how long did it take you to get pregnant?
  • Chelly0126
    Chelly0126 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 5 years ago. Since then, I managed to lose about 60 lbs through healthy eating and exercise. I was also on metformin for about a year.
    Stopped taking metformin early 2014 and got pregnant the next spring. 15 months after delivery, I had baby #2. Both were conceived without any medication.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS after my first miscarriage. I went to a reproductive endocrinologist and had two successful pregnancies (using femara). I only gained 15 pounds in each pregnancy. Unfortunately, I gained a lot of weight after they were born. Losing now with the help of metformin.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I was diagnosed in 2012 after over a year of trying. I got pregnant with my first around 3-4 months later I think it was. I didn't have IR and was fairly lean at the time so losing weight wasn't an option. It was pretty frustrating. I was about to be put on Clomid that cycle but we didn't have to.

Second one happened right away (19 months after #1), but most likely because my hormones were stabilized from breastfeeding.

• running_in_tiaras
    running_in_tiaras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    erinlane93 wrote: »
    asykers wrote: »

Thanks for your story, how long did it take you to get pregnant?

My first was a oops...wasn’t trying but wasn’t preventing either. I lost 50 lbs and everything started working again. My second took me a little over a year. I went through three rounds of clomid, took a break. I lost 20 lbs and started clomid again and got pregnant on my first round.
  • mini141284
    mini141284 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, i got pregnant after losing weight.And don't take stress..it only delays the process
  • kateparedes
    kateparedes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed when I was 17 and recently gave birth to my first child (I’m 28 now). My OB made me go on keto to help me conceive
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your stories and advice, really appreciate it xxxx
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Don’t stress about it. Just trying is fun. Don’t make it a chore. It’s the only exercise I’m good at lol.
  • katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS at 26 after years of not having periods at all. I was told I simply wouldn't be able to conceive naturally. We accepted that and got on with life (I didn't want the emotional ups and downs of fertility treatments). Then, when I was 35 I conceived naturally after losing about 20kg. My doctors and midwife etc were very shocked. We ultimately had a miscarriage, unfortunately, but my point is that even with severe cases, weight loss seems to help a great deal and so does NOT putting pressure on it to happen (easier said than done, I know)! Good luck and be kind to yourself. Xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!