Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pregnancy with PCOS

hi all, any of you have pcos? Or had a baby whilst having pcos?

Replies

• running_in_tiaras
    running_in_tiaras Posts: 29 Member
    I was diagnosed with pcos at 16 and have had two children. I conceived my first by losing weight and my second with clomid and metformin.
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    asykers wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with pcos at 16 and have had two children. I conceived my first by losing weight and my second with clomid and metformin.

Thanks for your story, how long did it take you to get pregnant?
  • Chelly0126
    Chelly0126 Posts: 14 Member
    I was diagnosed 5 years ago. Since then, I managed to lose about 60 lbs through healthy eating and exercise. I was also on metformin for about a year.
    Stopped taking metformin early 2014 and got pregnant the next spring. 15 months after delivery, I had baby #2. Both were conceived without any medication.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    I was diagnosed with PCOS after my first miscarriage. I went to a reproductive endocrinologist and had two successful pregnancies (using femara). I only gained 15 pounds in each pregnancy. Unfortunately, I gained a lot of weight after they were born. Losing now with the help of metformin.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited November 2017
    I was diagnosed in 2012 after over a year of trying. I got pregnant with my first around 3-4 months later I think it was. I didn't have IR and was fairly lean at the time so losing weight wasn't an option. It was pretty frustrating. I was about to be put on Clomid that cycle but we didn't have to.

Second one happened right away (19 months after #1), but most likely because my hormones were stabilized from breastfeeding.

• running_in_tiaras
    running_in_tiaras Posts: 29 Member
    erinlane93 wrote: »
    asykers wrote: »

Thanks for your story, how long did it take you to get pregnant?

My first was a oops...wasn’t trying but wasn’t preventing either. I lost 50 lbs and everything started working again. My second took me a little over a year. I went through three rounds of clomid, took a break. I lost 20 lbs and started clomid again and got pregnant on my first round.
  • mini141284
    mini141284 Posts: 11 Member
    Yes, i got pregnant after losing weight.And don't take stress..it only delays the process
  • kateparedes
    kateparedes Posts: 17 Member
    I was diagnosed when I was 17 and recently gave birth to my first child (I’m 28 now). My OB made me go on keto to help me conceive
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    Thank you all so much for your stories and advice, really appreciate it xxxx
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Don’t stress about it. Just trying is fun. Don’t make it a chore. It’s the only exercise I’m good at lol.
  • katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    I was diagnosed with PCOS at 26 after years of not having periods at all. I was told I simply wouldn't be able to conceive naturally. We accepted that and got on with life (I didn't want the emotional ups and downs of fertility treatments). Then, when I was 35 I conceived naturally after losing about 20kg. My doctors and midwife etc were very shocked. We ultimately had a miscarriage, unfortunately, but my point is that even with severe cases, weight loss seems to help a great deal and so does NOT putting pressure on it to happen (easier said than done, I know)! Good luck and be kind to yourself. Xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!