How many calories do you try to have remaining?

Options
124»

Replies

• kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Eat all the calories. I eat TDEE at maintenance and look at the weekly totals more than the daily ones. I am happy to end up within 200 on either side of my goal.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't sync my Fitbit until after dinner and that usually allows me a 200 - 350 calorie buffer. I eat 1310 calories a day and did for months before I got my Fitbit and things were going fine, now I have a nice little buffer.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i always have around 500 remaining :/

I am sorry to hear that. If I could take them from you I would. But if you want to solve it, grab a peanut butter jar or some ice cream. You will use it up fairly quickly. That is what I do.

Or Wine, you can have almost a bottle for those cals :laugh:
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am confused, if you are setting a goal, why are you trying to undershoot it by 100-200 cals, surely then your actual goal is 100-200 less than you have set and you are trying for some sort of mental trickery?
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I try to get as close as possible. If I am a few short, I do not muck about with a teaspoon of peanut butter or anthing like that, I just leave it be.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    negative 50 LOL. I keep my calories lower so when I go over (and I almost always go over - just my personality) I'm still at a good level.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I try to net my goal but sometimes it's just not happening. Long training run days where I burn 1500 calories then need to eat those back plus my goal of 1950 are a struggle. Worked out twice yesterday and even after hitting the jar of peanut butter and eating 2300, I still net under by almost 700. I hit all my macros so I'm not too torn up about it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I try to have 100 or so. Mostly to account for measuring errors (typically I weigh everything but pasta/rice/couscous because it's just impossible cooked), and really because most days I just can't think of a snack that would fit my macro while being in the 120ish calories range.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    0! I love my food and won't be cheated out of any :)
  • DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Don't take it so biblicaly is what I say. You think an extra 50 cals or a deficit of 30 cals is making any difference. And in any case, the number you see on your screen is an estimate, based on your BMR - (factors), these factors include day-to-day activities, any exercise you specify and a certain buffer. The whole algorithm results in an estimate, taking it so stringently is ironic and not healthy on the long run. I personally just try to stick to it roughly, point is about what you eat as well. You can burn through 500 calories on a lovely well rounded meal with essential nutrients, or it can be a red velvet cake from the coffee shop, so its not the number that matters it is what you do with it...
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1 to 0. Like to keep it in the green.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    i always have around 500 remaining :/

I am sorry to hear that. If I could take them from you I would. But if you want to solve it, grab a peanut butter jar or some ice cream. You will use it up fairly quickly. That is what I do.

Or Wine, you can have almost a bottle for those cals :laugh:
    Or wine indeed!!