Are these bars made with natural sugars good if consumed in large amounts.

Options
2»

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    On a slightly different topic, does it concern you when a product (Pure Organic nut and fruit bars) website doesn't contain any nutritional data, only vague references to "5 grams protein, 3-4 grams of fiber, about 200 calories per bar."?

"About" 200 calories per 1.7oz bar could actually be 210cal or 220cal or more.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    On a slightly different topic, does it concern you when a product (Pure Organic nut and fruit bars) website doesn't contain any nutritional data, only vague references to "5 grams protein, 3-4 grams of fiber, about 200 calories per bar."?

I would just get the information from the product label. A Google search pulls up some images if the website doesn't have them.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I would just get the information from the product label. A Google search pulls up some images if the website doesn't have them.

I'm not concerned about the nutritional data per se, just think it is curious that a product that touts its nutritional superiority doesn't see fit the actually disclose the information on its website. The site offers plenty of oppurtunities to "BUY NOW", but isn't too forthcoming about what it is I am buying.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I'm not concerned about the nutritional data per se, just think it is curious that a product that touts its nutritional superiority doesn't see fit the actually disclose the information on its website. The site offers plenty of oppurtunities to "BUY NOW", but isn't too forthcoming about what it is I am buying.

I would figure that the "about" is meant to cover the different versions of the bar (they appear to be made with different ingredients), not an attempt to deceive anyone.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

If you mean the product OP is talking about, I checked the website and easily found nutritional information for the various different bars, including ingredients and calories.