Wolverine deadlifts

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Dayumn, I was thinking the same thing as k8. He doesn't seem very big and that seems like a hell of alot of wieght.

I can't weight (did it on purpose just to annoy someone) till I can lift that.

You should check out Sara from the ETP group. She can deadlift 325lbs.

That's amazing!

yes, she's amazing (IMHO).

even more amazing... she takes her valuable time to help people here in the ETP group and she is patient, calm, and measured in her responses, even when somebody is deliberately trying to bait her into an argument.

What is this ETP group? I would like to learn more...

Eat, Train, Progress.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

Thanks!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    imposter.

In for admiration of your profile pic
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Ohai guize...my ears were burning.

And Hugh...nuff said!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Because no one else has said it...

10/10...Would turn
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Hi Sara!
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    I don't see the appeal about this man. I think he's just gross.

[ok, running from the room and ducking from all the heavy objects being hurled at me]:laugh:

That's OK, I'll take your share. ooh Mr. Jackman ooh
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Hi Sara!

Ohai!
  • _DreDay_
    _DreDay_ Posts: 40
    This is pure awesomeness!!:heart:
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    People's expectations of what anyone who lifts legs should look like have been skewed by the internet/drugs/photoshoots with perfect lighting.

Go look at the lineup of any natural bodybuilding show and look at the standard of most peoples legs.

The freaky quads and calves you see in magazines and online are mostly people on a ton of gear, pumped, in great lighting.

For someone who isn't a serious bodybuilder he has ok legs, nothing more nothing less.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    I can only do .6 of that :( damnit!! I could probably do 300lb but I'm scared. Maybe next week hahahaha
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    I can only do .6 of that :( damnit!! I could probably do 300lb but I'm scared. Maybe next week hahahaha

Fear will guide you towards what’s important for you, motivate you to take action to improve your standard, and it will give you a rush from staring into the Dragon’s maw and living to tell the tale.

You will crush that 300 lb deadlift, as I will strive to to reach 500. We're all going to make it.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Agree on lighting and drugs. Disagree on your assessment of his legs. He's neglected them. They aren't horrible or anything, but they also aren't close to as fit as the rest of him. He's hughgly (<<see that?) out of balance.
    People's expectations of what anyone who lifts legs should look like have been skewed by the internet/drugs/photoshoots with perfect lighting.

Go look at the lineup of any natural bodybuilding show and look at the standard of most peoples legs.

The freaky quads and calves you see in magazines and online are mostly people on a ton of gear, pumped, in great lighting.

For someone who isn't a serious bodybuilder he has ok legs, nothing more nothing less.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Anyone got any pics of his butt? You know, for science?

YES. I need this like burning. For, um, science.

In the meantime, have a derpy Jackman. He's ADORABLE.

856d4265-3072-48c0-bcec-aee4b35660aa.jpg

*drools* (even with the derpy face)

I just want to HUG HIM. (And then play a friendly game of grabass.)

In for friendly games of grabass!!! :wink:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member

Um, what? I see people with awesome quads and hams all the time. Even my legs are massive.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member

Um, what? I see people with awesome quads and hams all the time. Even my legs are massive.

he's sort of right. At low bodyfat (7% or less) there are only a handful of natural guys on the planet with massive legs. Natural legs are simply not large when at very low body fat. He is right, look at the lineup of any top natural bodybuilding show, their legs are all small. Big legs require higher body fat or drugs. Hugh's are still small though.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    You can nick my geek creds, but I'm not a big fan of Hugh Jackman... this has taken big steps to change that! :D That is full on awesomeness.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Bodybuilders are often by nature top heavy. Upper body muscle looks "cooler".
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Ahh, I rarely see people at sub-10% bf, so maybe that is skewing my opinion.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Ahh, I rarely see people at sub-10% bf, so maybe that is skewing my opinion.

Dieting really shrinks legs. It's depressing. Super hard to keep that full pumped quad look when they are sliced and super lean. I'm not sure why, but leg proportion to the upper body is the biggest difference between natural and open bodybuilding competitions.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member

Dieting really shrinks legs.
    Yes it does especially when adding HIIT or conditioning