What annoying comments did you get from your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    These are the ones I hear most often. I wouldn't mind but I've only lost 25lbs and am at my goal. Meh keep your opinions to yourself. My mirror works fine and I look fine thanks.

You're wasting away

If the wind gets up you'll blow away

You look fantastic but you're not going to lose any more are you?

You don't want to get too skinny
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    "You have a long way to go."

:noway: WHAT?!?! That's horrible!! :explode: :devil:
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A couple (which were actually kind of backhand compliments and kind of funny)

"I remember when you were REALLY fat"

"It just dawned on me, when I look at you I don't see a fat guy anymore"

actual comments from friends and co-workers :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My mom makes comments to me. The other day was "don't get too small". :huh: I'm nowhere near underweight and I always eat regularly (sometimes too much...). I've already told her my goal isn't really weight loss anyway, my focus has shifted to building muscle, which I have to eat to do, so I'm never going to be starving myself. I get that she's just concerned, but it's annoying when I'm trying to be happy with progress and she's making comments like it's a bad thing.

When my mom & dad made comments about me being "addicted" to the gym and I should be "careful" (I go 3-4 times a week, how is that an addiction?) I threw it back in their face that no one was ever concerned when I was just sitting at home, drinking alcohol, eating junk and watching TV. I'd say my new lifestyle is a far better choice.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't just believe how bad people are. Are people really that mean? I must be very lucky. My friends, family and ex wife have been pushing me to lose weight for a while now and are as excited as I am that I have started to lose weight. They've even changed their meals around so it fits into my healthy diet when I'm going to eat with them.
  • warmcaramel
    warmcaramel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    well my boyfriend keeps insisting that i'm wasting time at the gym and i'm wasting money buying healthy foods such as vegetables and fruits
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't appreciate being told "you need to stop losing weight"

No one ever told me "you need to stop gaining weight" so you really have no say!:bigsmile:
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Boss: I am going to the club for 2 for 1 burgers, but I guess I won't be seeing YOU there
    Me: Why?
    Boss: Because you can't eat that on your diet.
    Me: I am not on a diet and I eat burgers.

I have never told him I am on a diet or what I can or can't eat! LOL
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I don't appreciate being told "you need to stop losing weight"

No one ever told me "you need to stop gaining weight" so you really have no say!:bigsmile:

I wish they had the thumbs up like on youtube, because I'd like to give you a thumbs up. You're right they have no say!
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of not telling anyone I'm watching calorie intake for this exact reason.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    When people find out I'm trying to lose weight: "Why? You're not even fat!" or "You don't need to lose any weight." But as soon as I lose a few pounds: "Wow, you're losing a lot of weight. You look awesome!"

An old friend from middle school got in contact with me on Facebook recently and asked, "You're so tiny now. What's your secret?" That one I didn't mind, even though I'm far from tiny.

When I got down to 124 lbs in back in high school (before my hips made an appearance and I was built like a teenage boy), my best friend commented on a picture I posted on MySpace with, "You look anorexic. I love it!" Ha, I didn't mind that one either, because I know her.

I'd love to hear that I'm too skinny and I've lost too much weight. I've only been told that once, but not in that way. My sister was looking at a picture of me and said, "Your collar bone is sticking out, gross." Gross? In the picture, I was lying on the floor - yeah, you can see my collar bone.

My goal now is 130. 124 is too low for me to maintain without starving myself. I want to keep my curves, just shrink them a bit.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    This isn't about weight loss, but I get comments a lot whenever I ask for advice on nutrition or fitness. People will gawk at me and say lovely things such as:
    "Why do you need help? You're already skinny"
    "Oh shut up, you're fine"
    "Oh my god no, I WISH I looked like you"
    "You clearly have a problem"
    "Why are you on a fitness website if you're naturally thin?"

Seriously? I'm trying to be fit just like you. I'm only asking for some help. You get to do that and nobody belittles you for it. I'm allowed to go to the gym. I want to build muscle and get strong.

It's even more fun when this sort of thing happens online. Somehow, people online can look past their lack of information and assume things about me that aren't true. I have never posted photos of myself or included much information about my diet and exercise regimen, both of which are perfectly suitable for me, thanks in part to one trainer at the gym being kind enough to actually give me advice.

I don't feel like I am supported by anyone. But maybe that will change someday.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    well my boyfriend keeps insisting that i'm wasting time at the gym and i'm wasting money buying healthy foods such as vegetables and fruits

You might need a new boyfriend. :wink:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    "You didn't gain it overnight, you're not going to lose it over night."

:mad:
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    "...you've lost how much? Wow, I don't think anyone can tell but keep it up, you'll look better soon!" :/
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have people tell me that my face looks weird now...I tell them it's because they are used to looking at my fat face. If I was a new guy walking through the door they would just think I was a regular good looking dude lol.

Some tell me I am getting too skinny or going too far. I'm still 186 pounds at 5"11, still a good 12 pounds from where I want to be.

Yeah that is kind of annoying.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    "...you've lost how much? Wow, I don't think anyone can tell but keep it up, you'll look better soon!" :/

Really, somebody said that lol?
  • ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Also, the amount of joy in my life doesn't hinge on how much pizza, beer, and cake is in my diet. Apparently it comes as a shock to many people that you can turn down a box of Girl Scout cookies and not wind up crying yourself to sleep over it.

Love this!! I totally laughed out loud.

I've gotten the "You don't have anymore weight to lose!" comments (when, in fact, I do) as well as "Don't let losing all of this weight be the reason you don't have another baby!" The last one always irks me -- as if I'm that vain to choose my hard-earned figure over a child?? The fact of the matter is that I've lost the weight before so I know that I can lose post-baby weight again if we have another child!
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    "are you sick?" and the best... "That was easy." OMFG! Are you kidding me?:explode:
  • sriley7682
    sriley7682 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My favorite comment is when people say that I will gain it all back. I'm kind of glad I get all of these comments, in a way, because I will know what it sounds like and know not to ever say these sorts of things to someone.