What annoying comments did you get from your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• rlbroad
    Options
    @ Jenn - You Go Girl!
  • rlbroad
    Options
    The one I get is from "friends' that tell my husband of over 40 years that I getting ready to cut him out of the herd, because that is why women lose weight and cut their hair. But I only married him to make his life miserable and I am not through yet.

HAHAH LOVE IT!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I was told yesterday "Eat somethig you twig"

:explode:
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Went with friends to sonic, and they kept giving me snide comments because I kept checking things on the mobile app. It took maybe like 2 minutes for me to decided between Chicken Strips & a Corndog, but they were acting like I was taking hours.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    On the flip side though...but equally weird...from my son were sort of words of encouragement..."Mom, can you stop dieting? My friends think you are hot."
    Love it!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    "You're getting there. At least your belly doesn't stick out past your boobs any more."
    I think it was meant as a compliment but still didn't sit well with me...?

You know, I was actually really proud when I got to that point... but I think it would have made me cry if someone actually said it to me!

The worst I get is from my mom... but she's one of those who thinks whatever you're doing is wrong and will kill you... if I'm not being health conscious she tells me to start, if I am she tells me to stop... at the point where I just ignore it!
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    "oh wow, you lost a TON" really? STFU
    "you are too skinny"
    "are you STILL losing weight?"
    "what size are you wearing now?"
    "how much do you weigh now?"
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've gotten: How much weight have you lost? That's awesome, but how much more weight do you plan to lose? When I tell them...
    Oh... That's to much! You are going to look sick. Don't do that to yourself.

I don't think your boobs have gotten any smaller. What are you going to do when they go away? Then they consult my husband... Dusty, do you think her boobs have gotten any smaller yet? He replies... Yeah, they have. If that's what makes her happy though I'm going to love her anyway.

**Thats why I love my husband...lol**

I was also asked.... Your boobs are so big, when you lose weight you are going to have so much loose skin. What are you going to do? Before I could reply, my husband says.... We are already planning to get all that taken care of. I wish others could just be supportive.

I get the: How are you losing weight? When I tell them.... Oh. I need to start doing that to, but I don't have time to exercise. I go to work, and have my sons ball practices. There is just no time for me to exercise, and I am taking visalis (sp) so that should take this weight off.
    I just wished her luck, and walked away.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight, I got down to about 180lbs (from 260lbs) and I was told to stop, I was getting too thin. I ended up losing to 148lbs.

When I regained the weight, I got to 180lbs and the same people pointed out how fat I was getting again. Funny how on the way down, that was too thin, on the way up, it was too fat. You just can't please some people!
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My favorite is "If you keep that up (lifting) aren't you going to bulk up and look like a man?"

or

When I say what I want to improve on and people respond my saying "Why you already look good" or "I would kill to look like you"
    All that I have accomplished has taken hard work and dedication, I am always striving for improvement.
  • anna_conkers
    anna_conkers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm living with my parents at the moment, and every night the family meal is exhausting. I cannot win.

If I don't finish my meal, I'm anorexic.

If I finish my meal but refuse seconds, I'm being pious.

If I finish my meal and eat seconds: "I though you were on a diet?"

I love them but it makes me want to SCREAM.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I get "Your face is so thin. All your veins are showing. You don't look healthy."

Apparently most people don't know how hard people work out and lift weights to get body weight down enough to get vascular. My arms and legs have definitely gotten very muscular and when I look in the mirror I still get surprised expecting to see the fat old guy I used to see everyday. On the other hand, my doctor said I looked like I would if I was my younger brother.

I guess when most people are somewhere between overweight and obese and that is the expected norm, seeing someone they know at a healthy weight who doesn't hit the gym for several hours a day and have a personal dietician (like the Hollywood stars do) has to be seen as way under weight or scrawny to them.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Have you been Sick???... yeah but that was two years ago..LOL
  • NBeehler
    Options
    "You're getting there. At least your belly doesn't stick out past your boobs any more."
    I think it was meant as a compliment but still didn't sit well with me...?

This! My mother has said this to me on more than one occasion.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I told someone that chocolate motivates me to work out - I only have a chocolate bar if I walk to the store and jog for at least 4 miles and he's like "No chocolate" uhhhhh WHY THE EFF NOT?! I fit that chocolate bar into my calories before the run, then burned double the amount of calories in the chocolate bar on my run. Why the hell wouldn't I have a chocolate bar if I want a chocolate bar? I raged at him. :)
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "...because she was getting more and more anorexic" - My ex husband's response when I took him to court for a divorce and restraining order after he physically assaulted me. Yah - good excuse right?

I'm also sick of the "how'd you do it" "don't loose any more", etc.
  • CWonder003
    CWonder003 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I get people who ask me if I am on a diet (I am, but don't around telling everyone) because I eat in moderation and pretty much only drink water, and have started running and working out more often. If I tell them, yes, I am trying not to gain any more weight (I am 20lbs heavier than I want to be, actually)...

They get all self-conscious and judgey...

"WHAT?! You are SOOOOO tiny already! What size pants do you wear?"

And if I tell them I wear a 4-6, they go nuts, and sometimes get offended. Because for most people, a size 4 is quite small. However, I am less than 5 feet tall, and my healthy weight puts me at a 0-2 range in most brands. If I was ever underweight, there would literally be no adult clothes that would fit me!

I try to avoid these types of conversations.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    "You look sick" (which i AM sick, for a different reason then)
    "It isn't fair." (I get this from my mother, who hate that i eat more than her, and lose weight)
    "Eat more!"
    "You've lost too much already, no more."
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    No real annoying comments yet from people outside of my circle, but my mom has been calling me "boney butt", lol
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    "I could never do what you do. I love food too much" they act like I'm only eating celery and rice cakes