Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    When I read your post I knew others would have already chimed in to say the same thing. You cannot target any certain area with diet and exercise to lose fat in any area.

I am a guy and YEP most of my fat is around my belly also. I have lost 3-4 inches from around my waist, but I think most of what I have lost has come from other places. Unless you go to one of those places that advertise those fancy COOL SCULPTING fat removal ads, your just going to have to be patient and wait for your body to do it's thing.

Cool sculpting doesn't work.....save your cash.

cool sculpting absolutely works. But it's only really effective in already lean individuals.

I've read about it...basically "freezing fat cells"...so what happens when they thaw out?

You admit you haven't had it done so you are going by pics on the internet...

They die. when they freeze. It's just noninvasive Lipo.

Yah I read the links she provided...

sounds interesting...

It's very interesting. Unfortunately it only works for "external fat"
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I'm going to chime in on the strength training part. Lifting heavy on a progressive program does so much for you. It may even make you reevaluate your goal weight.

On a side note, the very best exercise I've ever done regularly for my core is one I've done over the past 8 months since starting strength training: barbell squats. Not a single crunch or ab-specific workout. And although my own belly is also being stubborn, the abs are juuuussssttt starting to show. For the first time in 40 years. At 54, I'm not even that concerned about that, but the even more amazing thing is what lifting heavy does for the core. Again, no pilates, no crunches, no ab-centered exercises or workouts. My core strength is better than it's ever been. Even running has become easier as a result.

I've done a little yoga in the past and always struggled with terrible balance. That has dramatically changed. I'm still not very flexible, but balance poses are not only possible, but I'm getting better at them.

So...while weight loss has slowed, the ability to do more things has dramatically improved, so has the body shape. My goal weight is just not a thing anymore.

Lift heavy. You won't be sorry.

• jihaneberr1533
    jihaneberr1533 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to chime in on the strength training part. Lifting heavy on a progressive program does so much for you. It may even make you reevaluate your goal weight.

On a side note, the very best exercise I've ever done regularly for my core is one I've done over the past 8 months since starting strength training: barbell squats. Not a single crunch or ab-specific workout. And although my own belly is also being stubborn, the abs are juuuussssttt starting to show. For the first time in 40 years. At 54, I'm not even that concerned about that, but the even more amazing thing is what lifting heavy does for the core. Again, no pilates, no crunches, no ab-centered exercises or workouts. My core strength is better than it's ever been. Even running has become easier as a result.

I've done a little yoga in the past and always struggled with terrible balance. That has dramatically changed. I'm still not very flexible, but balance poses are not only possible, but I'm getting better at them.

So...while weight loss has slowed, the ability to do more things has dramatically improved, so has the body shape. My goal weight is just not a thing anymore.

Lift heavy. You won't be sorry.

Thanks for the advive! :)) i still have a hard time with regular squats but next time i'll try the barbell squats by adding just a little bit more weight
  • jihaneberr1533
    Options
    Based on your picture, posture would help a good deal with your perceived belly.

Well, sitting makes it look worser..but with strengh training and diet i think i can make my belly look more flat :))
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    To add to all the wise comments upthread, remember this is a lifelong process. You might not look the way you dream of the day you reach your goal weight. You might not be rid of all your belly fat at that time. start strength training today, along with an appropriate calorie deficit, and continue strength training into maintenance.

I've lost a lot of inches by lifting through the first year of maintenance. People say it looks like I've lost 5-10 lbs, including my belly and hips, but I weigh exactly the same as 14 months ago. I've lost 2 lbs fat and gained 2 lbs muscle in maintenance per dunk tank tests. Hopefully there will be more changes in the next year.
  • jihaneberr1533
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    To add to all the wise comments upthread, remember this is a lifelong process. You might not look the way you dream of the day you reach your goal weight. You might not be rid of all your belly fat at that time. start strength training today, along with an appropriate calorie deficit, and continue strength training into maintenance.

I've lost a lot of inches by lifting through the first year of maintenance. People say it looks like I've lost 5-10 lbs, including my belly and hips, but I weigh exactly the same as 14 months ago. I've lost 2 lbs fat and gained 2 lbs muscle in maintenance per dunk tank tests. Hopefully there will be more changes in the next year.

Thank you for the precious advice