No. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I will re-double my efforts
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Nah my mom pays pretty good attention to me
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Yeah, she cut ties with my brother and me over 30 years ago. Never met her grandchildren. Oh well.

My mum did this to my sister :(
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Always been close to my mom, had some bumps in the road when I was a teen but we got through it she's a sweet and loving lady. So sad all these other broken relationships, but I understand somewhat since I never had a relationship with my dad and he never really tried. All we can do is love and care for those who love us back and sadly lets those go who don't family or no family it just hurts that much more.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Always been close to my mom, had some bumps in the road when I was a teen but we got through it she's a sweet and loving lady. So sad all these other broken relationships, but I understand somewhat since I never had a relationship with my dad and he never really tried. All we can do is love and care for those who love us back and sadly lets those go who don't family or no family it just hurts that much more.

The saddest thing I ever heard was my sister saying "How can anyone love me if my own mother can't " breaks my heart they are both so stubborn and missing out on so much
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options

The saddest thing I ever heard was my sister saying "How can anyone love me if my own mother can't " breaks my heart they are both so stubborn and missing out on so much

Tell her that her/your mum just doesn't know how to love properly. Parents often love the way they were loved as children.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited November 2017
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

Tell her that her/your mum just doesn't know how to love properly. Parents often love the way they were loved as children.

Ive actually pretty much said that..but the pain of a parents rejection hurts no matter if you can find reasons for it.. I've tried for years to get them together 25 to be exact...
    I once asked my mother why she wouldn't accept a card my sister sent and her answer was "she's too hard to know" smh.
    On the plus side my dad (divorced from my mum ) is the most awesome, sweet, kind and gentle man.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    Yea I get that. Parents are meant to love us. Some clearly aren't that well equipped though. Always tough to handle. Does your sister have a good support network around her besides you and your dad?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Yea I get that. Parents are meant to love us. Some clearly aren't that well equipped though. Always tough to handle. Does your sister have a good support network around her besides you and your dad?

Yes she does, she has some great gf's and apart from mum is happy. I do notice the results of the rejection spilling into her other relationships though, in particular her children, she's very needy and demanding of their time.
  • PAFC84
    Options

Yes she does, she has some great gf's and apart from mum is happy. I do notice the results of the rejection spilling into her other relationships though, in particular her children, she's very needy and demanding of their time.

That's good about the support network.

Hopefully she won't/doesnt reject them or emotionally blackmail if they don't fulfil her demands. My mum does that-its how she was brought up.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited November 2017
    Options

That's good about the support network.

Hopefully she won't/doesnt reject them or emotionally blackmail if they don't fulfil her demands. My mum does that-its how she was brought up.

Oh no fear of rejection she holds onto them tightly, too tightly lol... there is often emotional blackmail used. I saw her get huffy because her daughter chose to go out on a date and not visit her mum. But we all understand why she is the way she is..
    So how do you deal with your mum ? Do you give in? Do you ever wonder how she has affected your persona?
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    imanibelle wrote: »
    If so, how do you feel about it? Just curious. :)

Just come out and say that your mom isn't talking to you......then we can help you process this.
  • allenmfp21
    allenmfp21 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes but it was because she died.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    @PAFC84

Every time I see your picture it brings me flashbacks to the 80's when everyone had there comb in the back of there pocket .

jjlq2jmuxfom.jpeg

Lol. I am a 80s kid so am too young to have carried a comb. Did 80's people not sit down? Cos that looks uncomfortable
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm on low contact with my mother. She was a rotten mother and a poor excuse for a human being. My life is much better since I made that decision.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Yep. She had a stroke. My father had died of a heart attack a year earlier. My Mom and Dad had been married almost 60 years. My Mom did not really want to live without him. Around Thanksgiving several years ago, she told me she just wanted to live until Christmas, so she could see all her kids, grandkids and great grandkids together one last time. We had Christmas at my sisters that year. As we were getting ready to leave after Christmas celebration, I went in to kiss her goodbye. She told me she loved me and I knew from the way she said it, I would never see her alive again. On December 26th of that year my sister called me at 6am to tell me Mom had passed away.

Work things out with your Mom, if possible, life is too short.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    @PAFC84

Every time I see your picture it brings me flashbacks to the 80's when everyone had there comb in the back of there pocket .

jjlq2jmuxfom.jpeg

Lol. I am a 80s kid so am too young to have carried a comb. Did 80's people not sit down? Cos that looks uncomfortable

There was no sitting in the 80's .

This makes sense. People were leaner then.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    @PAFC84

jjlq2jmuxfom.jpeg

That is so true !

I only preach the truth
  • PAFC84
    Options
    @PAFC84

jjlq2jmuxfom.jpeg

That is so true !

I only preach the truth

Amen !

Brother can I get an Hallelujah?
  • PAFC84
    Options
    @PAFC84

jjlq2jmuxfom.jpeg

That is so true !

I only preach the truth

Amen !

Brother can I get an Hallelujah?

Sista yes

Shhh, its a secret