First day..here is my diary open for you

Options
2»

Replies

• 2222fitmommy22222
    2222fitmommy22222 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the valuabe information. I have learnt alot on how to adjust my macros. But I have a question, when calculating my macros based on the body weight, shall I adjust on my current weight which is 204 pounds or the goal weight which is 150 ?

My personal opinion would be to set your minimums as per targeted body weight (or per your weight at BMI 25 if your target weight is higher)

A smaller body will inevitably have some lesser amount of lean mass (and fat, of course) than a larger body.

So if you try to provide for your larger body AND at the same time cut calories you will have a more unbalanced diet and you will be performing (in my own mind) a task of questionable necessity. But you do want to fully provide for that smaller body as well as you can.

Remember in all this that calories are the primary driver for weight loss. Well beyond macros.

Try to figure out a long term sustainable way of eating within your calories. That comes first. Optimise and play with your macros... that comes second unless your "natural" macros are looking really whacked (I've seen people eating 10g protein or 2g fiber on 1200 Cal diets... not great ideas I don't think)

Thank you so much....this is really helpful.

My main goal in these couple of weeks to stick to log in all my food as much as I can and improve my food choices and do my workouts as planned. Then I will figure out what is goong well with my body as needed and adjust it as possible.
    Thank you again for taking the time to write to me.
  • 2222fitmommy22222
    Options
    dwilliamca wrote: »
    Be sure to eat back at least some of your exercise calories. Some people rely on their numbers off fitbit and eat them all back and others go for half (lots of threads on that), but looks like you didn't eat any of them. That is way too big of a deficit. Your deficit is built in the calculation for calories all ready and exercise calories are added on top and meant to be consumed for energy. I left my macros the same for about a month, then decide to adjust to meet closer to what I was actually eating, 40carbs/35fats/25prot. My goal is to actually drop fats a bit more and raise protein some. I actually swapped out sodium for fiber on my main screen, because it is a problem area for me and my diet.

Thank you for the advice. Although I agree with yoh, I'm just scared to eat more than my calories even the exercise calories. I will see with my weekly weigh in....If I have a good number, then I will stick to what I'm doing now. If not, then probably will try to eat my eaxercise calories. I think I will take some time to play with the numbers untill I see what works for my body.

Thank you again

• 2222fitmommy22222
    Options
    Day 3 is in.

Today is Saturday which means not regular meal times and unplanned choices. I tried to estimate the calories in 2 home dishes that I made so there is no accurate nitrition facts about my food. No veg today unfortunately. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is in.

Today is Saturday which means not regular meal times and unplanned choices. I tried to estimate the calories in 2 home dishes that I made so there is no accurate nitrition facts about my food. No veg today unfortunately. Tomorrow is a new day.

It takes practice. And yes, today is a new day. Keep reading different threads, especially the pinned ones. The mods pinned those because they deemed them the most helpful.

For homemade foods, you can use the recipe section so you're not estimating. Simply input the ingredients you used in your dish, make sure you also input how many servings are in one recipe. And it will calculate the calories and macros for you. Just make sure you check over their list to make sure it's accurate. Then you can save it and use it again later on.

You're doing good! You are taking the advice given to you and making adjustments along the way. Good job!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is in.

It takes practice. And yes, today is a new day. Keep reading different threads, especially the pinned ones. The mods pinned those because they deemed them the most helpful.

For homemade foods, you can use the recipe section so you're not estimating. Simply input the ingredients you used in your dish, make sure you also input how many servings are in one recipe. And it will calculate the calories and macros for you. Just make sure you check over their list to make sure it's accurate. Then you can save it and use it again later on.

You're doing good! You are taking the advice given to you and making adjustments along the way. Good job!

Another way to do the homemade is to weigh the end product and use that as the number of servings. So if it's a 1000 grams, then the loaf is 1000 servings. Then if you take a slice that is 75 grams, log 75 servings. I do it both ways depending on what I've made.
  • 2222fitmommy22222
    Options
    Day 3 is in.

Thank you so much...I really appreciate your input