Long hair vs. Short hair

Options
kakaovanilya
kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
edited November 2017 in Chit-Chat
I got a haircut about a month ago because I thought my face looked chubbier with long hair after gaining a few pounds. Do you think long hair make your face look chubbier? Can you post your before/after photos with different haircuts?

Replies

• SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Yeah but now you can’t say “Long hair, don’t care”
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I usually say "It's hair, don't care".
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I think short hair can make your face look chubbier, if you have the wrong hairstyle that poofs out.

I had long hair (nearly bum length) until about 3 months ago. I kept it long for many reasons, one being not wanting to look chubby in the face. My hairdresser is a whiz though and she gave me the best style, which suits my face and doesn't make me look chubby.
  • SneakyVee
    Options

Does this apply to back hair?

Facial hair?

Shoulder hair?
  • kakaovanilya
    Options
    SneakyVee wrote: »
    Yeah but now you can’t say “Long hair, don’t care”

:D:'(
  • kakaovanilya
    Options

Facial hair?

Shoulder hair?

Stop :smiley::mask:
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options

Facial hair?

Shoulder hair?

depends.... if you're referring to a man or woman....
  • SneakyVee
    Options

Facial hair?

Shoulder hair?

depends.... if you're referring to a man or woman....

I’m a real boy...but I’m asking for a friend
  • kakaovanilya
    Options
    I think short hair can make your face look chubbier, if you have the wrong hairstyle that poofs out.

I had long hair (nearly bum length) until about 3 months ago. I kept it long for many reasons, one being not wanting to look chubby in the face. My hairdresser is a whiz though and she gave me the best style, which suits my face and doesn't make me look chubby.

I actually think fluffy wavy hair makes the face look less chubby but my hair is so thin so I got a haircut but now I kind of missed long hair
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    I have a lot of friends in the hair styling business, and they all say that it depends on the style the hair is in, and what face shape you have. like if you have an oval face and long poker straight hair it can make you're face look too long, if you have a rounder face that is emphasised by big fluffy hair etc. there is a long and short style that will suit everyone, it's just finding what works
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I never really thought about this. I would post pics but nah. I think its how you feel in your hair style and length and of course the hair cut it self when done right.

I cut all my hair off 4 yrs to grow out hair color and go back to all naturale. I have been through pixie short to shorter and longer bobs, shoulder length and now down to the middle of my back. I can wear it wavy and bigger to super straight.

I think the shorter hair styles gave me a chubbier look in my face, definitely outline my neck line nicely. That said, but I have an oval face and my neck is longer and I thought longer hair would make my face even longer but it didn't. I think its more of feminine softer look for me now.. but again maybe its how I feel in it now.
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You look lovely in both
  • SneakyVee
    Options
    Yes I do think my shorter hair made my face look chubbier. I loved my long hair. But I also think it's barely noticeable to other people. Mostly to me. Even in my overly filtered mannequin face pics

Also blonde doesn't suit me so im back to brown

rt3i3cxonhr8.jpeg

Is your collar ripped in the short hair pic bro?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Just keep it natural.
  • avionicsman14
    avionicsman14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I never really thought about this. I would post pics but nah. I think its how you feel in your hair style and length and of course the hair cut it self when done right.

I cut all my hair off 4 yrs to grow out hair color and go back to all naturale. I have been through pixie short to shorter and longer bobs, shoulder length and now down to the middle of my back. I can wear it wavy and bigger to super straight.

I think the shorter hair styles gave me a chubbier look in my face, definitely outline my neck line nicely. That said, but I have an oval face and my neck is longer and I thought longer hair would make my face even longer but it didn't. I think its more of feminine softer look for me now.. but again maybe its how I feel in it now.

Given you profile pic, I don’t think your face could look chubby?!
  • SneakyVee
    Options
    Yes I do think my shorter hair made my face look chubbier. I loved my long hair. But I also think it's barely noticeable to other people. Mostly to me. Even in my overly filtered mannequin face pics

rt3i3cxonhr8.jpeg

Is your collar ripped in the short hair pic bro?

Yes. The whole shirt is tattered

Now I truly understand “snip snip”, it was probably Edward Scissorhands who gave you the cut.

Snip snip bish another one in the basket
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I got a haircut about a month ago because I thought my face looked chubbier with long hair after gaining a few pounds. Do you think long hair make your face look chubbier? Can you post your before/after photos with different haircuts?

It varies more on haircut and style matching facial features than it does just long or short hair.
  • kakaovanilya
    Options

rt3i3cxonhr8.jpeg

You look very nice in both but yes your face looks chubbier with shorter hair.