Long hair vs. Short hair

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options

I wear long natty dreads.

except they haven't grown out yet because I have my hair cut short every three weeks..... but they're in there, somewhere.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    yqpfhylt4lsd.jpeg

I am thirty pounds heavier now with my short hair and I don’t think my face is that much different. However I feel short hair doesn’t hide as much. It isn’t as much as a distraction to the eye to draw attention away from the face, if that makes sense.

I just can't take my eyes off of your Sponge Bob backpack.
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    yqpfhylt4lsd.jpeg

I am thirty pounds heavier now with my short hair and I don’t think my face is that much different. However I feel short hair doesn’t hide as much. It isn’t as much as a distraction to the eye to draw attention away from the face, if that makes sense.

Yes, you are right. My hairstylist says the face will be the center of attention with a short haircut.

I would be afraid to have such short haircut like in your second photo but I think it suits you. Are you 30 pounds heavir in the second photo? Seems like your face didn't change.
  • kakaovanilya
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Sorry last time i had long hair was back in 1984 before the Army gave me my current haircut that I have kept until this day.

NO muss NO fuss go in and ask for the #2 all around and BAAM.

Can we see a before and after photo :D
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm not the same weight I was when my hair was very short or fairly long so it is hard to compare with photos.
    I think my face looks rounder with shorter hair even at my thinest. If I pull my hair back my face looks rounder than if my hair is down. That is my face shape I guess.
    I keep my hair about to the top of my shoulders these days.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    yqpfhylt4lsd.jpeg

Look great in both but I'm wondering if Kace encouraged you to strategically place that backpack.
  • kakaovanilya
    Options
    378fawgvoqg8.jpg23od2hyd09hj.jpg

Lots of years in between... used to have my hair below my waist back in my dancing days!

Beautiful! Were you a belly dancer?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    378fawgvoqg8.jpg23od2hyd09hj.jpg

Lots of years in between... used to have my hair below my waist back in my dancing days!

Beautiful! Were you a belly dancer?

Yes, Primarily a Flamenco Dancer, but did other Latin dance and Belly Dancing as well. :)
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options

g179lgpfisrc.jpg
    r7t6v1ichsgj.jpg

I'm always back and forth and can never choose which way to keep it! I tend to go back to short when it grows out as its more cooperative and easier to manage.

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    I think the length of a woman's hair can have an impact on the size of her boobs. Maybe y'all could post before and after pictures to prove my theory

What for??? You're sleeping anyway! :lol:
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I think the length of a woman's hair can have an impact on the size of her boobs. Maybe y'all could post before and after pictures to prove my theory

What for??? You're sleeping anyway! :lol:

What? Did I sleep-post again? Goshdoggit!
  • amanh7044
    amanh7044 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think the less hair you have the more focus there is to the face so yeah short hair would give a more "fuller looking face
  • kakaovanilya
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    My hair has never been really long, I did have it very short about 5 years ago and I think my face looks chubbier 9xcawdd0qidy.jpg
    o1pkc3xoxry4.png

You look nice with both lenght but your current hair color is much better :)
  • kakaovanilya
    Options
    g179lgpfisrc.jpg
    r7t6v1ichsgj.jpg

I'm always back and forth and can never choose which way to keep it! I tend to go back to short when it grows out as its more cooperative and easier to manage.

Are those curls natural?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    edited November 2017
    Options
    g179lgpfisrc.jpg
    r7t6v1ichsgj.jpg

Are those curls natural?

I have Natural curls but these are much tamer as mine are very tight kinky curls :tongue: