Question for the big busted ladies that lost weight. ..

Options
Those who had less than perky large boobs what happened when you lost a substantial amount of weight?

Replies

• tuckervc
    tuckervc Posts: 30
    Options
    I have lost 25 lbs and no difference.:sad: I am hoping to see some change with the next ten. If not I am making the appointment for a reduction.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 lbs, and have actually gone up a cup size because my needed band size is shrinking faster than my cup size (and since cup size is relative, a much smaller band size with similar cups = larger cup size). My breasts have shrunk, just not very much. I consider myself somewhat top-heavy, though, so someone who carries more weight in their thighs or stomach will probably have more of a reduction.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, boobs = fat. So when you lose weight, more than likely your girls will deflate. I've been up and down the scale many times (plus a pregnancy). The girls will at first deflate and not look too perky. But I found that using skin tightening lotions RELIGIOUSLY (can't stress this one enough!), wearing supporting bras and strengthening your chest muscles helps a lot. Slowly, but surely, a lot of the skin does tighten up. It also helps if you're younger, your skin is more resilient. I've been fortunate enough that over time, my girls become more perky than prior to weightloss. But everyone's experience is different.

Edit: My ticker doesn't show that I've lost substantial weight, but at my heaviest, I was over 220 lbs!
  • Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mine are still pretty big and I always felt like there was no significant loss, but when I look back at old photos from when I was 3 stone bigger than today they do look really maasive to me lol, so they must have gone down a bit.

But if you have big boobs now then they will probably stay more or less that way no matter what
  • fruitlooper
    fruitlooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My boobs have gone from DD-D when i lost a substantial amount of weight in the past (50+). They are back at DD now, so they (mine at least) really don't change much.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    previously lost 40 pounds and lost very little of my breasts, lost band width size but not cup size just like one of the others said, I might have lost one cup size I was in my 20's then, afraid to see what will happen in my 40's, already warned my husband to be saving up money for boob lift and a tummy tuck
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Your boobs can deflate but you can do chest exercises to keep them perky and not as much like tubesocks with tennisballs in them.
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Band size has gone done a lot, but my cup size is the same :sad:
  • loulou_1979
    loulou_1979 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Since I started this I've gone from a FF and (going to get measured tomorrow!) think I'm now at a D, which is where I was before I put on the weight. Perkiness remains the same!
  • jenijen25
    jenijen25 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was really scared of loosing my boobs when I started loosing weight but I actually went up from b to 36 c and firmer than ever do the I must I must I must improve my bust exercises lol :) x
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I lost a cup size when I lost 60 lbs a few years ago
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Down 50 lbs so far, and fown in band size from a 44 to a 38...and still an H cup. Haven't lost a bit of boob, which really is too bad.
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen a massive reduction, my boobs are less full but I've breast fed 4 kids so I'm not expecting perky boobs after that abuse. I weight lift and it does lift them a bit. Never having a boob job though but tummy tuck? hell yeah.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    50 lbs and I went from 38 DD to 36 DD. Still 20ish lbs to go though but I don't think they're going anywhere. I don't think I'll go down to 34 either, I don't have much upper back fat left.

ETA: there is still a difference of cup size between 36 DD and 38 DD, for people who don't know. 36 DD would be the equivalent cup of 38 D, and it does show.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    You know what balloons look like a few days after the party? It's not pretty! However I would rather have deflated boobs than be fat.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, boobs = fat. So when you lose weight, more than likely your girls will deflate. I've been up and down the scale many times (plus a pregnancy). The girls will at first deflate and not look too perky. But I found that using skin tightening lotions RELIGIOUSLY (can't stress this one enough!), wearing supporting bras and strengthening your chest muscles helps a lot. Slowly, but surely, a lot of the skin does tighten up. It also helps if you're younger, your skin is more resilient. I've been fortunate enough that over time, my girls become more perky than prior to weightloss. But everyone's experience is different.

Edit: My ticker doesn't show that I've lost substantial weight, but at my heaviest, I was over 220 lbs!

Boobs do not equal fat; this is not a correct statement.

“Breasts are made up of a mixture of fibrous, glandular and fatty tissue. Dense breast are those with a lot of fibrous or glandular tissue but not much fat. Density may decrease with age, but there is little, if any, change in most women.”

Breast that are almost entirely made of fat (10% of the female US population), will shrink when the weight is lost
    Breast with scattered areas of fibroglandular density or heterogeneously dense breast (80% of the female USA population), will not shrink much with weight loss.
    Extremely dense breast (10% of the female US population), will not be affected by weight loss. Lucky me! I went down in band size but up in cup size. From a D to a DD; and being a small person with a band size of 31/32, finding nice looking and fitting bras is not easy and is expensive.

The density of the breasts is determined and classify by a radiologist using the 4-level density scale described above. And the above explanation is from the American College of Radiology (ACR acr.org) brochure that I get every year at the clinic where I have my mammogram, and from my doctor.

As we get older, we lose “support” so heavier breast will drop a lot. Chest exercises/lifting, will make the upper chest look “toned”, but it will do very little to lift the girls.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38DD to a 34E/36DDD.
    So down in band, up in cup, and a little sag but it is what it is :)
    Nothing a good bra can't fix
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 42G to a 36DD. They are the same shape now as they always were (which was not a good shape mind you, but they're not worse now than they used to be LOL). I think I'll end up a 34DD when I'm done.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Down 50 lbs so far, and fown in band size from a 44 to a 38...and still an H cup. Haven't lost a bit of boob, which really is too bad.

Volume lost in that transition (44H->38H) is equivalent to the volume difference between a 36DD to a 26A.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 38D to a 30DD, and they are fairly perky, especially considering the fact that I have nursed for 2+ years.