Question for the big busted ladies that lost weight. ..

Options

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, boobs = fat. So when you lose weight, more than likely your girls will deflate. I've been up and down the scale many times (plus a pregnancy). The girls will at first deflate and not look too perky. But I found that using skin tightening lotions RELIGIOUSLY (can't stress this one enough!), wearing supporting bras and strengthening your chest muscles helps a lot. Slowly, but surely, a lot of the skin does tighten up. It also helps if you're younger, your skin is more resilient. I've been fortunate enough that over time, my girls become more perky than prior to weightloss. But everyone's experience is different.

Edit: My ticker doesn't show that I've lost substantial weight, but at my heaviest, I was over 220 lbs!

Boobs do not equal fat; this is not a correct statement.

“Breasts are made up of a mixture of fibrous, glandular and fatty tissue. Dense breast are those with a lot of fibrous or glandular tissue but not much fat. Density may decrease with age, but there is little, if any, change in most women.”

Breast that are almost entirely made of fat (10% of the female US population), will shrink when the weight is lost
    Breast with scattered areas of fibroglandular density or heterogeneously dense breast (80% of the female USA population), will not shrink much with weight loss.
    Extremely dense breast (10% of the female US population), will not be affected by weight loss. Lucky me! I went down in band size but up in cup size. From a D to a DD; and being a small person with a band size of 31/32, finding nice looking and fitting bras is not easy and is expensive.

The density of the breasts is determined and classify by a radiologist using the 4-level density scale described above. And the above explanation is from the American College of Radiology (ACR acr.org) brochure that I get every year at the clinic where I have my mammogram, and from my doctor.

As we get older, we lose “support” so heavier breast will drop a lot. Chest exercises/lifting, will make the upper chest look “toned”, but it will do very little to lift the girls.

e5f.jpg

Kidding, of course. Thanks for the info!
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Options
    The only thing that changed for me since I've gained weight was a bigger band, not a bigger cup. I expect the reverse to be true when more weight comes off.

And I must say, for mom of 2 who nursed as long as I did, I have amazing tits.
  • CE_Loveless
    Options
    Yeah, I've lost 25lbs so far and not a single bit came off my chest. Its almost frustrating because a 36G bra is just so hard to find.
  • metalgearpanda
    metalgearpanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31lbs (some with MFP some without)

I was a 36E....and still am a 36E, not lost anything from the girls. My partner is happy about this...me maybe not so much. I might see some come off in the next little while I guess :) I like them the way they are anyway
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    For all large busted ladies, please get properly fitted. It is the best thing you can do for your breasts. As an added bonus many women experience tissue migration which increases breast volume after wearing a properly fitting bra. Even though I've lost weight, my breast have gained size since I started wearing the right size bras. I've gone from 28G to 28H since February. It's not hard to size yourself properly at home.

http://bustyresources.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I can't say enough about http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits. It's been a life changer.
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mine have always been pretty perky no matter what my weight was, before and after pregnancy. I have lost 73 lbs so far and when I started I was a G and I'm still G but my band size has changed. So no change in cup size. Boobs do not always equal fat. I hate that people think that. It just depends on where your body decides to hold your fat stores. I'll probably be a G cup forever. Surgery is not an option for me until they become unattractive. Right now I think they're kinda perfect.

Actually if your band size changed but not your cup, then yes you did lose volume. There is no such thing as a set cup. Cup size is insignificant without band size, that is what compromises bra size.

FOr example. A 34G, 32G, 30G are not all the same. A 34G would be a 32GG and a 30H. I'm a 28H if I go up a band size then I wear a 30GG, one more up and I have to wear a 32G. etc.

This is a good explanation of bra cups and sizing.

http://fullerfigurefullerbust.com/tag/what-does-a-d-cup-look-like/

Thanks for the info...however, I've had myself professionally fitted for years and continue to do so as I lose weight. The actual size around my rib cage, where the band measure comes into play, is all that has changed. I know that you can manipulate the band size to change your cup size and of course, if I wanted a bra really badly and they didn't have "my correct size" I could adjust the band/cup size to make it work but that doesn't mean it would be an ideal fit. I'd either have gaps at the top in an H or quad boob in an F. Cup size matters. A properly fitting bra is of utmost importance and I think we can agree that everyone should be properly fitted for one. It really does make all the difference.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I was a healthy D cup. Now rocking a B.

Queue tears.

LUCKILY, they've not lost the perk-factor, just smaller.
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    I lost over 30 pounds and my boobs went from 34 C to 32 B-C. They honestly look so much better. They don't look that much smaller but they're a hell of a lot perkier. haha I think I just got lucky though.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've been lucky...52lbs down, lost a band size but not a cup size. I do have dense breast tissue (as a previous responder discussed) so I'm not sure how much they will shrink as I keep losing. I like them, so I'm hoping things stay the same.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Not much....wish they would get smaller but they dont.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38F to 34D and I'm happy with that!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds and gone from a 38E to a 34D. The cup size didn't change at all until about the last 5 pounds came off and I swear it was all boob that I lost. They look fantastic in my bra. But without . . . not so much.
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options
    My highest weight was 179 lbs and that was just after having a baby. I was DD38 then and now I am a C37. I weigh 143 lbs now but started lifting. So I have lost some breasts but I'm fine with that. I think I'm happy with C cups but would like it to go down to a 32 instead of a 36 eventually. Edited to add: they're still perky too (IMO)
  • vtjlc
    vtjlc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Sista!!
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Mine have always been pretty perky no matter what my weight was, before and after pregnancy. I have lost 73 lbs so far and when I started I was a G and I'm still G but my band size has changed. So no change in cup size. Boobs do not always equal fat. I hate that people think that. It just depends on where your body decides to hold your fat stores. I'll probably be a G cup forever. Surgery is not an option for me until they become unattractive. Right now I think they're kinda perfect.

Actually if your band size changed but not your cup, then yes you did lose volume. There is no such thing as a set cup. Cup size is insignificant without band size, that is what compromises bra size.

FOr example. A 34G, 32G, 30G are not all the same. A 34G would be a 32GG and a 30H. I'm a 28H if I go up a band size then I wear a 30GG, one more up and I have to wear a 32G. etc.

This is a good explanation of bra cups and sizing.

http://fullerfigurefullerbust.com/tag/what-does-a-d-cup-look-like/

Thanks for the info...however, I've had myself professionally fitted for years and continue to do so as I lose weight. The actual size around my rib cage, where the band measure comes into play, is all that has changed. I know that you can manipulate the band size to change your cup size and of course, if I wanted a bra really badly and they didn't have "my correct size" I could adjust the band/cup size to make it work but that doesn't mean it would be an ideal fit. I'd either have gaps at the top in an H or quad boob in an F. Cup size matters. A properly fitting bra is of utmost importance and I think we can agree that everyone should be properly fitted for one. It really does make all the difference.

I was strictly speaking of breast volume

IE a 30G has a volume of 1000cc's, a 32G has 1180cc's, so even though they are both G cups one is significantly larger than the other. If your cup remains static but your band changes then there is a loss or gain of CC's as it goes up or down.
  • Lemetriab
    Lemetriab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd time loosing weight. The 1st time loosing they drooped a little low. The 2nd time, they perked up because I focused more on pectoral exercises. Fortunately, I didn't loose that much breast tissue. I only lost a cup size. Now I know that most people are say "fortunately" that was a mistake. NOPE! We naturally have something that other women pay big money for everyday. I embrace them with a big smile! We need to work harder on this part of our bodies to support the extra weight which is not any different from the woman with the larger hips.
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Every time I have gained a sizeable amount of weight, a lot of it has gone onto my chest - I'm kinda sorta hoping that when I start to lose weight, it will come off again (though reading the posts on this topic, I'm beginning to fear that may not be the case!).

Ah, the trials and tribulations of having big boobs!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Every time I have gained a sizeable amount of weight, a lot of it has gone onto my chest - I'm kinda sorta hoping that when I start to lose weight, it will come off again (though reading the posts on this topic, I'm beginning to fear that may not be the case!).

Ah, the trials and tribulations of having big boobs!

Nearly every post in this thread indicates a loss of breast volume with weight loss.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little over 40 lbs now and I went from 36G to 36E, and I now have a little wiggle room in it, so I'm probably a DD or DDD or whatever is next down. My ribcage measurement hasn't changed, so I'm just losing cup sizes. Mine were never especially perky, but they now have this lovely wrinkling effect from my stretch marks if I lay on my back. They still look pretty hot with my arms held above my head :laugh: , but I don't normally walk around like that. Anywho, I could take 'em or leave 'em, so it doesn't really bother me.
  • Princessjj22
    Options
    I have 900cc under implants 34H prior was a natural dd hopeing that my natural tissue goes abit more and can firm my tissue so implants are tighter I have lost a stone since having them an they have lifted a little