Can someone look at my food diary and see what else I could be eating to reach my macros?

Options
2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Well I meant for what I have in there today so I can tweak it as the week goes on. I was listing in this thread what I've eaten intuitively so that maybe someone that knows more about macros/what's worked for them could help with that.

I provided with as much info as I could based on what works for myself. And my diary is was open too.

@RoxieDawn I just want to say - your new profile pic is gorgeous!
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    One thing I noticed is lots of cups and a 0.333 tablespoon.
    If you really want to be on point, ditch the cups (apart from broccoli - that probably won't make much difference!) and get used to grammes...

Once you've got a properly accurate baseline, and maybe a week of that, things might become a bit clearer.

I'm a 3 meals, 2 snacks kind of girl. My logging's a bit on the slack side but I'm in maintenance/recomp so I'm ok with that. I also love protein bars, junk food and eating out, and have more issues staying under my goal than reaching it because, you know, food. My diary's open.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I finally got a food scale (again) and am counting all calories for the next 3 months but was wondering what else I could eat to reach macros? I’m trying to eat in a deficit and think my breakfast is good, but even after lunch I still have 1,000 calories to go. I usually work out in the evening, lifting twice a week and an hour of cardio the other 3 days. I want to lose half a pound a week and drop bf by 4%. Current weight is 148. Bf is around 26.5%. My main concern is not eating enough and wanting to binge midway through so I need ideas on what other snacks to eat throughout the day to not go home and gorge after work if that makes sense ?

With what you logged today were you satisfied or not?
    Do you like the food you were eating or were you wishing for something else? Are you eating shrimp and rice when you'd rather have pizza or a baked potato? Is your food kind of bland and boring?
    Do you get hungry at a particular time of day more and need to change how you distribute your calories?

I don't really see a problem with the type of food you logged today. Log for a week or two and note what is working and what isn't. If you need more calories choose more calorie dense foods. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

I prelog my food for the day every morning. I choose to eat a small breakfast and more of my calories later in the day.