Low Carb Struggles

Options

Replies

• MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight on low-carb/high-carb, low-fat/high-fat . . . do what works for you!! I'm low-ish carb right now because I had gastric sleeve in September, and it's working well for me. I feel like I have fewer cravings, and I don't have as many energy peaks and valleys. I'm also a person who tends to get full on protein and be hungrier when I eat more carbs. Before my surgery, I was losing well on my own with moderate carbs, though. I think it's really about finding what satiates your hunger and gives you the most energy while maintaining a calorie deficit. Everybody is a little different, so I don't think anyone can argue that there's one "right" way to eat.
  • puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am new to low-carb (Wednesday was day 1) and so far have not had a huge struggle. Up until Sunday I was gassy, but that seems to have cleared up now. Are you doing low-carb and low-fat or any combination of low-anything? I have noticed when I try to be low-cal/sugar/fat with low-carb, I feel deprived. If I follow low-carb/keto eating, I feel fine. I'm still eating the things I love (except chips, I have not yet found an acceptable replacement for chips) and I'm losing weight. I eat 3 meals and 3-4 snacks every day. It keeps me from getting too hungry and just eating everything in sight.

I also started low-carb for medical reasons, so this could be why my body is responding differently (I apologize if it's there, but I didn't see your reason for going low-carb). If you decide to stop, that's okay! Everyone is different and there is no one size fits all fix. :heart:
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Person says they struggle to feel satisfied on low carb, people recommend even lower. Just...

It's really remarkable.

Here's a post that I like, from someone who is actually an advocate of low carb, about that kind of thing:

http://caloriesproper.com/keto-myths-facts/

Great link--thanks for sharing!