• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    lkpducky wrote: »
    I've heard of breatharians, is that what they have in mind? :p:D

That's what I thought at first, but no, you eat food and breathe, and the fat melts off. Apparently because oxygen.

So if I focus on breathing deeply during my runs, I'll take in LOTS of oxygen......and by next bikini season I'll be reduced to a mere wisp of aerobic nothingness! This is really great news. ;)

No, no, no, you've got it wrong! This is a very controlled technique, involving specific muscles and arm movements. Whyever would you think vigorous exercise would contribute to weight loss?

Long Breath Diet Technique #1
    The breathing diet can be done at home in two simple ways. The first way will require you to tighten your buttocks while you place one foot in front of your body, with 90 percent of your body weight on the back foot, Oddity Central says. In this position, you must inhale for three seconds as you lift your arms over your head. As you exhale, the muscles of the body have to be contracted as you let the air out for seven seconds. This process must be repeated two to five minutes every day to see rapid benefits of the breathing exercises.

Long Breath Diet Technique #2
    The second breathing technique of the diet involves you having an upright posture while they tighten the buttocks. Once the correct posture has been achieved, you must then place one hand on your abdomen while the other hand is on your lower back. Oddity Central says that in this position, you must inhale for three seconds as you suck in your midsection, and then exhale for seven seconds as you continue to suck in your stomach with greater intensity. This technique must also be repeated two to five minutes a day, like the first technique, in order to have the quick weight loss results that Ryosuke did.

It's also a good detox

"When you do a series of deep breathing exercises, it provides the body with oxygen that will absorb nutrients and also help the body get rid of toxins, leading to weight loss."

Hand to God I'm not making any of this up.

This stuff is comedy gold. I mean even a layman can see that the breathing isn't the cause of the fat loss. That only helps the detox. While they were focused on breathing, the advanced research showed that the fat loss was due to the tightening of the buttocks. I mean seriously, I tightened my buttocks while reading and replying to this, and I've lost so much fat I'm hungry now! :cry:
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    This is not a new fad. This first came out in the 70s when they were wearing leotards and leg warmers to the ladies only gym. I even bought the VHS!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options

That's what I thought at first, but no, you eat food and breathe, and the fat melts off. Apparently because oxygen.

So if I focus on breathing deeply during my runs, I'll take in LOTS of oxygen......and by next bikini season I'll be reduced to a mere wisp of aerobic nothingness! This is really great news. ;)

No, no, no, you've got it wrong! This is a very controlled technique, involving specific muscles and arm movements. Whyever would you think vigorous exercise would contribute to weight loss?

The breathing diet can be done at home in two simple ways. The first way will require you to tighten your buttocks while you place one foot in front of your body, with 90 percent of your body weight on the back foot, Oddity Central says. In this position, you must inhale for three seconds as you lift your arms over your head. As you exhale, the muscles of the body have to be contracted as you let the air out for seven seconds. This process must be repeated two to five minutes every day to see rapid benefits of the breathing exercises.

The second breathing technique of the diet involves you having an upright posture while they tighten the buttocks. Once the correct posture has been achieved, you must then place one hand on your abdomen while the other hand is on your lower back. Oddity Central says that in this position, you must inhale for three seconds as you suck in your midsection, and then exhale for seven seconds as you continue to suck in your stomach with greater intensity. This technique must also be repeated two to five minutes a day, like the first technique, in order to have the quick weight loss results that Ryosuke did.

It's also a good detox

"When you do a series of deep breathing exercises, it provides the body with oxygen that will absorb nutrients and also help the body get rid of toxins, leading to weight loss."

You'll have to excuse me...endurance athletes aren't very smart. :) Now that you've provided more details, I have a better understanding of the technique. In fact, it seems that LBDT#1 has a lot of similarities to a freestyle class in swimming. Synchronization of breathing, arm movements and butt cheek contraction is the secret to success in both programs. NO WONDER SWIMMERS ARE IN SUCH GREAT SHAPE! The fat just bubbles to the surface with every long, slow, controlled breath as they flex their core muscles and squeeze their cheeks! The other thing I didn't know was that the oxygen gets rid of toxins...and all this time I was thinking that chlorine was responsible for that.

Bottom line: This post has been a real eye opener for me. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »

Uh -- is this a multi-person program?

Aarrgh! Get that picture out of my head!
  • mph323
    Options

It's also a good detox

You'll have to excuse me...endurance athletes aren't very smart. :) Now that you've provided more details, I have a better understanding of the technique. In fact, it seems that LBDT#1 has a lot of similarities to a freestyle class in swimming. Synchronization of breathing, arm movements and butt cheek contraction is the secret to success in both programs. NO WONDER SWIMMERS ARE IN SUCH GREAT SHAPE! The fat just bubbles to the surface with every long, slow, controlled breath as they flex their core muscles and squeeze their cheeks! The other thing I didn't know was that the oxygen gets rid of toxins...and all this time I was thinking that chlorine was responsible for that.

Bottom line: This post has been a real eye opener for me. Thanks so much for sharing.

Always happy to do my part in contributing to the spread of misinformation on the interwebz ☺
  • Djproulx
    Options

I'm currently seeking volunteers to tighten my buttocks.

A word of caution: That process requires a special tool and knowledge of how to apply it . You'll want to check references before selecting a volunteer.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I no i shouldnt have looked. But i did. And can never unsee that again. Sigh
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Nothing new! I read about breathing more to lose weight 20 years ago. :p
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

I'm currently seeking volunteers to tighten my buttocks.

Keigels?
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

It's also a good detox

(Sigh) swimmer here. I totally wish!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »

It's also a good detox

(Sigh) swimmer here. I totally wish!

Me too! :)
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If only... (glumly bins wrappers from yesterday's carb orgy). Why don't they rather work on something Matrix-like where we can plug ourselves into some kind of group delusion? Slo-mo Baywatch runs for all!
  • mph323
    Options
    Every time I scroll past this I read it as, "breathe out the fart" and tbh it kind of suits the woo-factor of this diet

<3