Maintainers weekly Check-in December 2017

Options
Hey there maintenance friends old and new!!! This thread is a continuation from the previous month. The aim of this thread is to have a weekly weigh-in check for some accountability or support.

It's the last month of the year and it could be the best.

Name:
Total Weight lost:
Time it took to lose:
How long in maintenance:
Maintenance weight range:

Average weight recorded from January:
Average weight recorded from February:
Average weight recorded from March:
Average weight recorded from April:
Average weight recorded from May:
Average weight recorded from June:
Average weight recorded from July:
Average weight recorded from August:
Average weight recorded from September:
Average weight recorded from October:
Average weight recorded from November:

Week of...
3rd December:
10th December:
17th December:
24th December:
31st December:

Success/struggles of the week:

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Thanks, hun, hope all is well!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Name: Ingrid

Struggles/successes of the week:
    Work has been sad lately. Lots of hurting people and a lot of sadness. I have tried not to give in to the part of me that wants to console myself with food and it was successful this week. No binging or restrictions since OA on November 3! One day at a time!

I am so sorry that work has been sad! OA sounds like a good fit for you so far. *hugs*
  • microwhisper
    microwhisper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Name: MW
    Height: 5'2"
    Total Weight lost: ~20lbs
    Time it took to lose: ~4months
    How long in maintenance: 11 months
    Maintenance weight range: 110-115lbs

Average weight from January to September: 112.05 lbs
    Average for October: 109.1 lbs

Week of...
    1 December: 109.2 lbs
    8 December:
    15 December:
    22 December:
    29 December:

Successes/struggles: Came down a bit from last week again, but now that we’re in December maybe it’s good to go into the holidays a bit below my goal range. Prediction: by Jan 1 I’ll be well within it! hahah
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @HarperAnn6 I hate making those dietary changes! I think you are doing a great job of it, though!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristen
    Height : 5'11
    Total Weight lost: 20lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 5 months
    How long in maintenance: I'm not sure I'd actually call it maintainance as I'm still slowly losing...set my calories higher on Sept. 25th
    Maintenance weight range: 147 - 152 lbs (I may need to revise this...)

Average for October 2017: 146.2
    Average for November 2017: 143.4

Week of Dec 3rd: 141.8, 142.4 trend
    Week of Dec 10th
    Week of Dec 17th
    Week of Dec 24th
    Week of Dec 31st:

Successes: It was my birthday yesterday - 39. It was a great weekend full of treats, laziness and friends.

Struggles: My eating this weekend wasn't good. All started with my favorite Mac and Cheese Friday, then Cheesecake Factory Saturday (granted I ate 1 piece in 3 different sittings, but), and lots of beer, and really good BBQ Sunday. And I didn't log a single morsel. It's good that I still can't eat large quanities, I think that's the only thing that helped the scale. We'll see what this week brings. Usually "fun" doesn't show up on the scale until days later...I'll more than likely have a mid-week surprise.

I'm mentally back on track for normal life. Back to logging. My boyfriend's work schedule for December will be a bit of out of the ordinary, so I'll be on my own more. I'm still undecided if I'd like to stay in the weight range I am now, or try and gain 5lbs. I've decided to re-evaluate in the new year. I also need to re-evaluate my personal training needs. Do I want to start soon and deal with driving/leaving the house in the winter weather (which I loathe, btw), or do I want to try and keep my weight stable and start hitting the gym in the spring? Decisions that will be made after the holiday madness.

Ok, back to work. Hope you all have a wonderful week!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~76 lbs (I dropped about 16 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal of 135)
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I have continued to slowly lose so I'm not really sure.
    Maintenance weight range: 120 - 125 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from June: 122.8
    Average weight recorded from July: 122.1
    Average weight recorded from August: 122.5
    Average weight recorded from September: 121.4
    Average weight recorded from October: 120.9
    Average weight recorded from November:120.0

Week of...
    3rd December: 119.4 scale/119.8 trend
    10th December:
    17th December:
    24th December:
    31st December:

Success/struggles of the week: My weight has dipped down below my range a bit, and this week my trend also dipped below 120. I'm really frustrated about it. I think my weight is good, but I don't think I need to go lower. I have manually set my goal on mfp to be 2100 cals per day. I have been averaging a little lower than that the last couple of weeks (although I think my logging is off some because of holiday guessing. I think I usually average over 2000 cals even if I don't always hit 2100). My goal is to try to hit 2100 each day. The frustrating thing is that my fitbit says I have only burned an average of 1826 per day. I know I need to just eat the 2100 regardless of what fitbit says, but it is still frustrating.
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Name: Theresa
    Height : 5'7
    Total Weight lost: 20ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 3 months
    How long in maintenance 4months
    Maintenance weight range: 125-129.9 (don't want to see a 3 in the 2nd digit - thus 129.9)

Starting weight end of March: 146
    Start of Maintenance end of June: 126.6
    Range of weight recorded from July: 126.2-128.2
    Range of weight from August: 126.0-128.2
    Range of weight from September: 125.0-128.2
    Range of weight from October: 126.4-128.6
    Range of weight from November: 126.8-129.8

Week of... (Monday weight date) -
    4th December: scale 128.2, trend 127.7
    11th December:
    18th December:
    25th December:

Success/struggles for the week: I have not been tracking or eating that healthy. I need to be more disciplined!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Name: Lori
    Height: 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 150 (at lowest wt so far)
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance: 9/20/16 first day of weight within maint range
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

Jan avg 154.3
    Feb avg 155.1
    March avg 155.9
    April avg 154.7
    May avg 155.4
    June avg 155.4 (2 weeks only, gone rest of month)
    July avg 155.3
    Aug avg 155.6
    Sept avg 155.4
    Oct avg 155.2
    Nov avg 157.1

12/4/17 156.6

It's been a very stressful time because of work issues. I'm having a difficult time with the mental/emotional aspect. I can't control actions by others, I have no control over the process, ... these things impact the work I've completed but ultimately I'm responsible for the errors others introduce into the final product.
    Workouts are my solace, that's all I have to offer today, lol! Time to go workout.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    @HarperAnn6 I find fluctuations are much more noticeable in maintenance. They are larger and last longer because we don't have any ongoing loss to mask them. Before, if I fluctuated 3 lbs and lost 2 lbs, I saw only a 1 lb fluctuation on the scale and it stayed only a few days because I lost another lb or whatever. Now I see all 3 lbs and it stays 1-2 weeks. It can be very stubborn. When you hit the top of your range, cut back 100-200 per day even if you think it's just water weight. Do this until you're back in mid range. It might take a few days or a few weeks. This is how we keep from freaking out and regaining. Easier said than done, but that's the strategy.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart At 119# and your height, you are still within normal range. I understand that by continuing to lose, you might feel a bit panicked. I sure did. Don't worry. It will all level out and you will find your "me" weight. It took me quite a while, but I finally got where I am comfortable and stay within the same couple of pounds (which are a couple of pounds more than a year ago). Relax
  • CoachJen71
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @kristen8000 Happy birthday! If you gain a little, it's ok. You know how to take it off again. :smiley:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Thanks @mk2fit!