Iphone or Samsung and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I sold cellphones for Target for several years, and definitely always preferred Android to Apple. Apples are great if you want a device that does what it needs to, the first time and without any fuss. Especially if you prefer to keep out of the box settings, and don't like messing with stuff. Androids are more for power users who like versatility, and want a device that will adjust to thier needs instead of the other way around.
    There are plenty of both types of people, and I actually vit pretty good at figuring out if someone would be haplier with Iphone or Android.After all, returns and exchanges are expemsive, lol.
    I can honestly say that the majority of the salespeople I dealt with, including the reps from the carriers tended to have Androids, and eventually leaned more towards Samsung than HTC or LG. The ones that did have Iphones, almost always also had an Android, although of course there are always a few exceptions who preferred Apple only.
    Personally, I have been a Note lover since the 2, and my 8 is a friggin awesome device with a sweet camera.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Samsung S5 because it has a removable and replaceable battery.

No need to recharge if you've got a fully charged battery in your pocket, as I always do.
  • DAGridesagain
    DAGridesagain Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Not iPhone, despite everyone else in the family using them.

Samsungs are not the only Android phones to choose from. I chose differently - Sony Xperia XZ Premium, but I understand that those (the majority here?) in the US may not, due to its fingerprint scanner being disabled.

Previously Microsoft Lumia 950XL, which I would still recommend until MS decided it was, in their opinion, a 'good idea' to end W10M.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I've always used an android and at this point my home electronics are so integrated with Google that it would be a major pain to replace them.

I've been using Android since the HTC Dream/G1 came out in 2008. I was already heavily into Gmail and other apps, so it made sense. Even more so now. I did try an iPhone5 for about a year to see what all the fuss was about. But, couldn't do it since everything was heavily integrated, and iOS doesn't play nice with Google.

My current phones are the Google Nexus 6P, and 5X. The 6P is my primary device, and the 5X is my backup phone in case my 6P is lost/broken. I also have the Nexus 9 tablet. All are on Google Fi network.

Can't stand Samsung. Nothing but problems due to the crap that Samsung puts on top of Android, as well as what AT&T does to phones with their stuff. There's something to be said about the pure Android OS. No added crap from phone or service providers.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Samsung because it's all I know.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Both my personal and business phones are IPhone. Used to have Samsung, but i much prefer IOS TBH
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    iPhone simply because I have an iPad and a MacBook Air...they are all linked.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    31shines wrote: »
    I have always had Android until recently. I'm helping someone out for the next year and a half so I'm on their account with an iPhone but then I'm back to Verizon and my Android. The only thing I like about iPhone is video chat with my family out of town

You can do that with google hangouts so long as they have an account as well.